• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could guarantee one win each season for any of your teams

CDeacMan

Ishmael Smith
Reaction score
What would it be?

Here's the parameters of this question. You are given the opportunity once a year to guarantee a single victory for a team you have a rooting interest in. But the catch is it has to be a specific game, and that specific game has to be named before the season starts. So this would eliminate saying something like the "the last game" if you'd choose a pro team. The specificity could be a little bit broad, like if it was Wake hoops you could say First Round game in the NCAAs and that would count, but you'd have to call it before the season starts so if Wake didn't make the tournament you'd just forfeit your choice for that year.

I guess for me it would have to be hoops vs. UNC if I were forced to choose such a thing.

From a utilitarian perspective, I'm picking the Football Deacs because they have the smallest number of games - a guaranteed victory has the largest impact.

I choose Clemson for the auto-win.

From a utilitarian perspective, I'm picking the Football Deacs because they have the smallest number of games - a guaranteed victory has the largest impact.
This. I choose WF to win vs whoever is highest ranked going into the season with being away as a tiebreaker if two teams are similarly ranked.

Why do you need to know this ?

Back-To-The-Future-Fan-Delorean-Speeding-Ticket.jpg

UNC in basketball. The bandwagon and most who went there are just insufferable. Unfortunately, us beating them usually leads to a natty for them. This year, we didn't even get that minor consolation.

Deacs in Cameron in basketball or tOSU over Michigan in football. Deacs over FSU/Clemson football and Panthers @ Falcons also considerations.

I will take Wake over Louisville in football this year. Then, Wake over Duke in hoops.

Sign me up for a win against UNC in basketball and Clemson in football and i'd be good.

Back