• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you could guarantee one win each season for any of your teams

Well I'd easily eliminate all pro sports first off. They are literally no where even near as important as Wake.

Choosing between Wake football and Basketball is tough. Football wins mean more on an individual basis but basketball has always been higher for me in my personal fandom hierarchy.

I guess this year I'd sacrifice basketball and give it to football against FSU but if you'd let me take @Duke bball by 30, that's my pick.

Did Harold Arceneaux pass away?

giphy.gif

If I had a choice of beat App and lose to Clemson or the reverse? No brainer beat Clemson.

A win at Clemson over the defending national champs could be an all-time great Wake victory.

Last edited:
Well I'd easily eliminate all pro sports first off. They are literally no where even near as important as Wake.

Choosing between Wake football and Basketball is tough. Football wins mean more on an individual basis but basketball has always been higher for me in my personal fandom hierarchy.

I guess this year I'd sacrifice basketball and give it to football against FSU but if you'd let me take @Duke bball by 30, that's my pick.

Yup give me that Duke win. I want Wake to win there so bad and let thost Crazies leave that high school gym with their head down. And I want it done before coach K retires. Next would probably be at Klempsun in football.

Hedging with the rules I would take the second round of the acc tourney

I think the here and there win over Duke and UNC is acceptable for BB.
I think a yearly win over Clemson in FB would not only be great but giving us a win every year puts us in almost a lock for a bowl game each year.

Any and every game against the Holes in any sport.
Give the Coach a raise for any win.

1. Wake BB beat Duke at Cameron.
2. Wake FB beat Louisville - this year. other years it would be different teams, but usually FSU
3. Panthers: beat Patriots.

I think I'm willing to take a bit more of a risk: Wake Forest basketball, ACC semifinal game.

We haven't made it to the ACC Championship game since winning it in '96. Getting that semi-final win would be a huge boost to our NCAA Tourney resume/seeding and anything can happen in that championship game. Now I know the chance of us making it to the semi-finals is probably only about 15 - 20% but I'll take that upside over a regular season one-off win.

Wake Basketball: Natty
Wake Football: Natty
Wake Soccer: Natty
Wake Baseball: Clinching CWS Game
Panthers: Super Bowl
Spurs: Game 7 NBA Finals

This is pretty easy.

Back