• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you were magically given musical ability ...

If the magic existed to play the most technically difficult song in the world, you'd be able to play all the rest. So your best bet would be to choose the most technically difficult song written for your instrument and then you can play all the songs. :thumbsup:

can do both of these #bejealous #BOOYAH

absolutely not meant to be a slight against your singing, but whyyyyyyyy did you not play one of these for the pit talent contest?

random story:

i took piano lessons for 7 years, then i realized i sucked and quit to take voice lessons instead. since I quit in 1999 the one song i can really remember playing (and could probably still bust out on cue because I played it THAT much) is this Hanson gem:

i took piano for 8 years and quit when i got to high school so i could take drum lessons.

i still wish i'd just kept up with piano for those 4 more years; i was getting pretty decent (not like music observatory good, but pretty good).

absolutely not meant to be a slight against your singing, but whyyyyyyyy did you not play one of these for the pit talent contest?

i tried to somehow combo it up, and it ended up being a mess to try to video/edit/put together. the singing was a last-minute backup. devil went down to georgia is weird in that the fiddle part only breaks in during breaks in the song, so if you're playing just that part it's kinda awkward while you're waiting for the guy to stop singing. orange blossom special is kinda boring without a backing track IMHO.

oh lerd.

next pit's got talent, maybe i'll break out my old classical/hoedown combo that i won all the pageants with back in the day. it was pretty sweet and i can still play it forwards backwards and in my sleep

i tried to somehow combo it up, and it ended up being a mess to try to video/edit/put together. the singing was a last-minute backup. devil went down to georgia is weird in that the fiddle part only breaks in during breaks in the song, so if you're playing just that part it's kinda awkward while you're waiting for the guy to stop singing. orange blossom special is kinda boring without a backing track IMHO.

fair.

If the magic existed to play the most technically difficult song in the world, you'd be able to play all the rest. So your best bet would be to choose the most technically difficult song written for your instrument and then you can play all the songs. :thumbsup:

Thats not how magic works, broseph.

I'm actually really in to bossa piano right now. Its just pretty much the perfect music. So melodic and moody.

Working on some samba and cuban stuff too. Latin jazz is the shit. I pretty much skipped regular jazz on piano and went straight to the latin stuff.

Awesome, can you play "Wave"? Do you have any Chucho Valdez CDs?

shit. Those were really good. Who was the first one? ArbysDeac?

Last edited:
Hmm, now that I think about it, the sax would be awesome. Think of all the great 80's songs you could pick from. Maybe that's just me. I'm a sucker for 80's music with saxophones.

you and i would really hit it off

Been thinking about this for a while and have it narrowed down to:

-Van Halen - Eruption
-Piano solo in LA Woman
-Drums in When the Levee Breaks

Back