• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If You Were the AD: Year Four Expectations for [Redacted]

What would you require of Bz for there to be a Year 5?

• Popped NIT bubble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double-digit wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldGoldBeard

A Sorry WR Like Crabtree
Reaction score
If you were the athletic director, what would be the minimum level of performance required from Jeff [Redacted] for you to retain him as coach for another year? I'm particularly interested to hear the answers of the BzzInners or Waiters, if any of the latter remain.

Poll forthcoming.

do we actually care about winning? most of your options would suggest we might.

do we actually care about winning? most of your options would suggest we might.

At this point, it's become very clear that winning is not a priority at Wake Forest. I'm not sure it's even on the radar.

The option I wanted wasn't there. If you had win 1st round game in the NCAA tournament then I would've picked that. Last year the publicly stated goal before the season was to make it to the NCAA tournament. If we are striving for continual improvement then just making it to the NCAA tournament this year isn't good enough and we need to win at least one game in it.

Last edited:
The option I wanted wasn't there. If you had win 1st round game in the NCAA tournament then I would've picked that. Last year the publicly stated goal before the season was to make it to the NCAA tournament. If we are striving for continual improvement then just making it to the NCAA tournament this year isn't good enough and we need at least one win game in it.

That's a really good point.

Exactly. The predicate for this poll is that the AD cares about winning. Obviously this is not the case.

NCAAt would be the only set of circumstances under which is consider retaining him. And I don't think a miricle ACCt championship run would do it were the team otherwise not going to qualify for an at-large bid.

This is obviously an unrealistic requirement, but Bzdelk can only blame himself for the roster and scheme.

A player gets locked up on drug charges, so that Wellman can blame everything on him. Culture First at LOWF.

Bz dug himself a huge hole so he needs a huge ladder.

If I were the AD there would have been no Year Four! It would be Year One.

If I were the AD and it had been 4 years since I made the mistake in hiring him... by now my expectations would be that he has already moved somewhere very far and away from W-S.

Is this supposed to be a happy story where deacon92 has free will and a soul but has magically been given this power to shape wake athletics, or has well man taken over my body and I see myself saying things like heavens yes and I can't stop it. I am aware and want to do the right thing, but I cannot. My soul exists in a prison of false culture.

Should have asked this on Halloween

NCAA Tournament or GTFO. If Ron shoves it down our throats that we're supposed to be excited about an NIT berth in Year 4, apathy may officially strike for me. And let's face it, a 1st round loss in the NIT is the absolute ceiling for this year, so I'm bound to be disappointed. Go away, Buzz.

Last edited:
It makes no difference. [Redacted] underperforms no matter how high or low you set the expectations. The only thing you know is that Buzz's won-lost record will be worse than expected, even worse than he and his pal Ron expected at the season's start.

A player gets locked up on drug charges, so that Wellman can blame everything on him. Culture First at LOWF.

We do have Daniel Green's injuries. Who knows how good we would've been with Green?

Back