• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If You Were the AD: Year Four Expectations for [Redacted]

What would you require of Bz for there to be a Year 5?

• Popped NIT bubble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double-digit wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Sweet 16. Bz is a douche bag but I'd be happy with a Sweet 16 no matter who the coach is. But given that we got an NCAA berth 14 of the 20 years prior to Bz, including the two season right before his hiring, I just don't think an NCAA berth in year 4 after the shitshow we've seen so far is sufficient to keep him around. Wellman will probably extend Buzz to a lifetime contract for sniffing the tournament this year, but Wellman is emperor of the LOWF kingdom, so...

According to Dino, getting to the NCAAs isn't enough to save your job. Unless, I guess, your name is [Redacted] and you're friends with Wellman- in that case, you don't have to do shit.

Somehow, I don't think [Redacted] is afraid of the same fate as Dino. It's the Wonderland version of rewarding success. Or failure.

I'm just glad that OGB made this poll public so we could see that doo doo butter is firmly BuzzOUT.

Sweet 16. Almost voted for Final 4, but realized that I could probably be persuaded that things are (finally) headed in the right direction with a sweet 16 appearance. Anything less is ridiculous. As pointed out, we routinely make the tourney...after 4 years, that's not progress.

According to Dino, getting to the NCAAs isn't enough to save your job. Unless, I guess, your name is [Redacted] and you're friends with Wellman- in that case, you don't have to do shit.

Somehow, I don't think [Redacted] is afraid of the same fate as Dino. It's the Wonderland version of rewarding success. Or failure.

No danger of that. Dino won and only got 3 years. By being BFFs with Wellman, Buzz can continue to be "historically" unsuccessful and still keep his job. And unfortunately, the BOT is "historically" incompetent enough to allow it to happen.

Should the AD's crony hire be fired regardless of this season's outcome? "Oh heaven's yes!"

Last edited:
I voted Sweet 16. Bz is a douche bag but I'd be happy with a Sweet 16 no matter who the coach is. But given that we got an NCAA berth 14 of the 20 years prior to Bz, including the two season right before his hiring, I just don't think an NCAA berth in year 4 after the shitshow we've seen so far is sufficient to keep him around. Wellman will probably extend Buzz to a lifetime contract for sniffing the tournament this year, but Wellman is emperor of the LOWF kingdom, so...

agreed.

No danger of that. Dino won and only got 3 years. By being BFFs with Wellman, Buzz can continue to be "historically" unsuccessful and still keep his job. And unfortunately, the BOT is "historically" incompetent enough to allow it to happen.

Should the AD's crony hire be fired regardless of this season's outcome? "Oh heaven's yes!"

And from the outside- the general basketball public- looking in, Wake fans are all cast under the same blanket of quiet complacency. "Why is he still coaching? Don't you guys care about winning?" I hear that, in some form, often. Billboards and flying banners aside, we all look like we just don't give a shit.

But we do, and we all have 4 choice words for Bzz: Abbreviated as GTFO! :mad:

I answered in the view of Wellman... oops. If I was AD I'd require NCAA berth.

But we do, and we all have 4 choice words for Bzz: Abbreviated as GTFO! :mad:

All those with eternal optimism that Bz will possibly turn things around are IMHO, DELUSIONAL.....Ain't gonna happen!!! Get the Pollyanna crap out and come back to reality! Next!

Remember when it was fun to watch Wake sports? When you lived for that big basketball game? When you believed we could knock out Duke or UNC...and we often did?

Thanks Ron and bzz

Remember when it was fun to watch Wake sports? When you lived for that big basketball game? When you believed we could knock out Duke or UNC...and we often did?

Thanks Ron and bzz

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Thanks Ron and bzz

Yes. What is so sad is that there was no need to put our basketball team on this self-imposed probation!

I don't care what culture or off the court issues the AD has drum up after the fact, the simple fact is that Dino was fired after losing in the second round of the NCAA tourney. So Bzz has to reach the second weekend of the NCAA tourney or WF will still be behind where it was before Bzz. Four years later, a program should be at least equal to or exceeding the level it was at when a coach is fired.

Four years later, a program should be at least equal to or exceeding the level it was at when a coach is fired.

Bzz has to win something like 80 games in a row just to equal Dino's winning%- we're far from where we were 4 years ago.

Can one of the 51% of voters who think a NCAA berth is sufficient explain why doing something we were already doing with regularity after 3 years of historical ineptitude is sufficient?

Can one of the 51% of voters who think a NCAA berth is sufficient explain why doing something we were already doing with regularity after 3 years of historical ineptitude is sufficient?

Because in the fairytale world where we make the NCAA Tourney this year, that would probably mean 2 more really good years coming since we have so many sophomores. 13 wins to making the NCAAs would be quite an improvement.

Because in the fairytale world where we make the NCAA Tourney this year, that would probably mean 2 more really good years coming since we have so many sophomores. 13 wins to making the NCAAs would be quite an improvement.

This. I (and I assume most of the other 51%) don't actually anticipate that, but making the the NCAA Tournament is what Wake fans should expect and if [Redacted] took us to the dance, by definition he would be meeting expectations.

This team is so decently far away from an NCAA tournament bid that if we were to make it, it would almost certainly require a very good coaching job. Therefore if somehow we make the NCAA tournament, it is likely due in large part to [Redacted] cultivating talent, maximizing potential, or at the very least organizing a large portion of his own recruits in a manner adequate to be a top 34 at-large team in the country.

Back