• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If You Were the AD: Year Four Expectations for [Redacted]

What would you require of Bz for there to be a Year 5?

• Popped NIT bubble

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double-digit wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can one of the 51% of voters who think a NCAA berth is sufficient explain why doing something we were already doing with regularity after 3 years of historical ineptitude is sufficient?

[Redacted] has 6 more wins than Crean at this stage in the rebuild. Stands to reason we'll win 60 games over the next 2 years instead of just 56 with a Sweet 16 and a Final 4. Duh. Buzz has also won more games than Krzyzewski or Dean Smith did in year 3, so National Championships will follow soon after.

All you have to do is believe. And eat these mushrooms.

i voted sweet 16.

however, the more i think about it the more i keep coming back to the reality that unprecedented levels of sh!t deserves unprecedented levels of success. wake has been to the final four so i guess bzz needs to play in the title game to make up for the last few years for me to forgive and forget. wellman can't make up for any of this.

If I were the AD I would establish my own fucking criteria and tell all of you internet warriors to go to hell cause I'm better and smarter than the whole damn lot of you. Oh, wait . . .

If I were the AD I would establish my own fucking criteria and tell all of you internet warriors to go to hell cause I'm better and smarter than the whole damn lot of you. Oh, wait . . .

Endthread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So 16% would be in favor of firing Bzzz even if we won the national title this year?

In ten years as a college basketball head coach Jeff [Redacted] has been in one NCAA tournament game, a loss of course. He has had two winning seasons. Both with a team he inherited from another coach. That's the history. Where is the competitiveness? Everyone connected to Wake Forest athletics, most especially Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted], should be ashamed of this record of obvious losing, incompetence and futility, and the people responsible should resign immediately.

The option I wanted wasn't there. If you had win 1st round game in the NCAA tournament then I would've picked that. Last year the publicly stated goal before the season was to make it to the NCAA tournament. If we are striving for continual improvement then just making it to the NCAA tournament this year isn't good enough and we need to win at least one game in it.

We fired our last coach after he went to the NCAA tournament two years in a row and made it to the second round the year he was fired. It is entirely reasonable to expect that after 4 years our new coach would be able to surpass that. In fact to expect anything less would be unreasonable.

The fact that reasonable people would be OK with [Redacted] coming back after just an NCAA tourney appearance shows just how far Wellman has lowered the bar.

Firing a coach after they led you to the NCAA tournament is stupid outside of some unusual circumstances. It was stupid when we did it with Dino and it would be stupid now.

I heard buzz's plan for this year was to try and score more points than our opponents. Its a crazy strategy, but it might just work

At first I thought the round of 32. But then I realized how I was just succumbing to the lowered bar. Considering BZZ's predecessor made it to the field of 32 and fired for "lack of postseason success" (AD's words), then BZ needs to make it to the sweet 16....and he also needs to make some noise in the ACC Tourney to boot.

Back