• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Illinois Post Game Thoughts

So a player does better when he plays in three 8-minute stretches, rather than twelve 2-minute stretches ? Is that how flow works ? Is it like synergy ?

If one combines watching him play, listening to the games and looking at results (as well as seeing tapes of him in HS and reading scouting reports), one can get a good feel of his style.

I fully understand the concept of being a lazy,wise ass to RJ, because Juice and number of others will immediately support you. But sometimes read what I say not that I said it.

I expected it early in the fall when I suggested Danny would start trying to find a way to play Sarr and Doral together. Many board "experts" said I was wrong.

This was also the case when I said, we'd be punished for playing four guards. And that our rebounding would stink even worse if we played four small guards in a zone. But everyone knew better. Well, until it came to pass.

Maybe, if rather than starting as a wise ass dick, you first asked the same question you'd ask anyone but me, you'd get an answer you'd either like or understand but not like. Either is fine. But you go right to being a dick and blaming me for your actions.

If only coach Manning had access to such knowledge.

If one combines watching him play, listening to the games and looking at results (as well as seeing tapes of him in HS and reading scouting reports), one can get a good feel of his style.

I fully understand the concept of being a lazy,wise ass to RJ, because Juice and number of others will immediately support you. But sometimes read what I say not that I said it.

I expected it early in the fall when I suggested Danny would start trying to find a way to play Sarr and Doral together. Many board "experts" said I was wrong.

This was also the case when I said, we'd be punished for playing four guards. And that our rebounding would stink even worse if we played four small guards in a zone. But everyone knew better. Well, until it came to pass.

Maybe, if rather than starting as a wise ass dick, you first asked the same question you'd ask anyone but me, you'd get an answer you'd either like or understand but not like. Either is fine. But you go right to being a dick and blaming me for your actions.

I wasn't talking about any of this... Just your dumb comment about Chaundee being a flow type player that would benefit from being on the court 25mpg.

Good call on saying our rebounding would suck with a 4 guard lineup... I don't think you were the only one making that point. But I guess since you did write it about 100x more than anyone else (and in an increasingly grating manner), that makes you more astute.

I don't know what "blaming me for your actions" means. Are you saying that I was justifying being a dick because you deserve it? I'll take responsibility for "starting as a wise ass dick"... You made what I thought was a funny comment and I replied. I post a lot of stupid shit on here... I can usually laugh it off when someone calls me on it.

Sorry to all for ruining an otherwise solid thread.

Given the reasons I gave, including the results, I don't believe it's a "dumb comment" to say Chaundee is a flow type of plays who plays better as he plays more. He hasn't shown the "instant offense" bit off the bench. He can be a volume scorer without the plays being expressly designed for him. He finds gaps, gets boards, get loose balls, Those are all things that are highlighted by being in the flow of the game rather than in spot minutes.

He is a flow type of player.

FIRE THE BoT !!!!

Don-Flow-mug-shot.jpg

just go with the flow

RJ’s thoughts arrive like like butterflies, oh he don’t know. So he chases them away. Oh someday yet, he’ll begin his life again. Life again.

PS: RJ getting piled on this thread for no reason. He seems to be just giving his opinion like anyone else. I know he has thread equity, but not in this case. Let’s get back on track peoples. This thread was going good for a while .

Last edited:
Wrangor is so right. My thoughts and opinions are just flittering around like butterflies. They have no basis in reality or experience, yet time after time this year, they keep coming true. Maybe I should play the lottery.

All these comments and gripes about what Danny Manning should or shouldn't do with individual players, especially freshmen, is nonsense. If you take a look at most of the freshmen Danny has recruited, aside from SJM and Richard Washington, most have demonstrated improvement from one year to the next and so on. Whatever Danny and Chill think is best for Chaundee Brown as far as development going forward, and contribution right now is fine with me. Doral Moore, Lil Chill, Bryant Crawford, Dinos and John Collins all developed for the best, and contributed.

Any word from the NCAA or Big Ten on the cheap shot by Black on Little Chill at the end of the game?

All these comments and gripes about what Danny Manning should or shouldn't do with individual players, especially freshmen, is nonsense. If you take a look at most of the freshmen Danny has recruited, aside from SJM and Richard Washington, most have demonstrated improvement from one year to the next and so on. Whatever Danny and Chill think is best for Chaundee Brown as far as development going forward, and contribution right now is fine with me. Doral Moore, Lil Chill, Bryant Crawford, Dinos and John Collins all developed for the best, and contributed.

In the main I think this is accurate. Though I think that the improvement with the guards has been less dramatic than with the big men. I am concerned about the progress of Crawford and Woods in particular. Nonetheless, it is a bit presumptuous for fans to debate personnel with the staff who works with them day-in and day-out.

Crawford can be rhapsodic, and his effort against no name teams seems questionable, sometimes less than it ought to be. He seems most interested in becoming a big game hero. He thinks that he can just up it a notch when the big lights come on or when the game is on the line.

Crawford can be rhapsodic, and his effort against no name teams seems questionable, sometimes less than it ought to be. He seems most interested in becoming a big game hero. He thinks that he can just up it a notch when the big lights come on or when the game is on the line.

Yeah, it's maddening. He has tremendous potential but it requires consistent effort. And the effort is not consistent

At this point, Crawford is who he is. We’ve been arguing about him for 3 seasons now, but his game isn’t going to change.

He’s a very good college player, but still prone to forcing some things on offense and trying to make big plays on defense instead of just staying in front of his man.

He’s not good enough to win games by himself, but he could be an important part of a very good team.

I just wish he’d play more consistent defense.

I laughed a few times. Didn’t take offense to much (if anything) written there.

If those calls had gone against us we would be furious.

I thought Moore hit the ball or the rim, and I actually didn't know you could take back a foul upon review like they did with BC's elbow.

If those calls had gone against us we would be furious.

I thought Moore hit the ball or the rim, and I actually didn't know you could take back a foul upon review like they did with BC's elbow.

They didn't, right? They ruled there was an inadvertent whistle.

They didn't, right? They ruled there was an inadvertent whistle.

That was a creative solution for calling a flop. Good job there officials. That was right and just.

Back