• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

After seeing the Trump lawyers' performance, the House managers have to bring witnesses. It would be foolish not to force them to work as hard as possible to make their case. Don't just let them play minimal defense.

The "never before seen footage" is coming today.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/10/trump-impeachment-trial-day-2-468291

The footage, which may be drawn from Capitol security cameras and other sources, will shed light on the rioters’ “extreme violence” from a new vantage point, aides to the House impeachment team said. It’s part of what Democrats maintain will be an overwhelming display of evidence that Trump directly fueled the deadly insurrection and committed “the most heinous constitutional crime possible.”

“The easiest trials to try are the trials where you have the goods. We have the goods,” said a senior aide to the House impeachment team.

According to aides, the brand new footage will also underscore the risk that the violence could have spiraled further “but for the brave action of the officers” securing the building even when they were outnumbered by a pro-Trump mob.

I'm not sure footage meeting that criteria would move the needle for Republican senators. Probably nothing can, but "the goods" would directly implicate Trump.

Last edited:
At the end of their presentation, House Managers should have five or more insurrectionists testify, under oath that they went to the Capitol because Trump told them to and left when Trump told them to leave. The last people the Senate and the nation should see are people testifying that Trump told them to do it.

EDIT: They should break up the above testimony into two days. That way the nation talks about it for multiple days.

Last edited:
RJ, your amazing ideas are truly wasted on us. You should spend a lot more time engaging with your congresswoman's staff, or Speaker Pelosi herself, rather than wasting your creativity and insight on us.

At the end of their presentation, House Managers should have five or more insurrectionists testify, under oath that they went to the Capitol because Trump told them to and left when Trump told them to leave. The last people the Senate and the nation should see are people testifying that Trump told them to do it.

EDIT: They should break up the above testimony into two days. That way the nation talks about it for multiple days.

Maybe they should also have former President Trump testify and admit that he incited the insurrection!!! And have him testify for a WHOLE WEEK!

If every day the spoke how weak he is and how small his dick is, maybe they can sucker him.

This is completely devastating, and it still won't matter.

I think it'd be kind of awesome if Trump fired his entire defense team tonight and just declined to put on any kind of defense. Why waste the money? He'll still be acquitted.

This is completely devastating, and it still won't matter.

I think it'd be kind of awesome if Trump fired his entire defense team tonight and just declined to put on any kind of defense. Why waste the money? He'll still be acquitted.

Waste what money? He doesn't pay his lawyers.

If they sue him, he'll send mobs to their homes.

Waste what money? He doesn't pay his lawyers.

If they sue him, he'll send mobs to their homes.

he doesn't pay his lawyers...continued, did he ever pay the cities for his rallies? last i heard there were like 8-10 that were still outstanding.

why would anyone work for him?

It's kind of strange that the party against big government is so concerned about setting a precedent that future presidents will not be able to do whatever they want, especially on their way out of office. End of term pardons are bad enough, but I must say, I feel like I've gotta draw a line at end of term insurrections. Call me crazy, but it just seems like one of those....what's that phrase Pubs are always using? Ah yes: a slippery slope.

Last edited:
The real problem is that Republicans have been moving towards Trumpism for 1-2 decades in accelerating fashion. Trump isn’t the origin of this and it’s clear even if he died suddenly from natural causes, Republicans would yet remain in the grip of Trumpism.

So have they shown that "never before seen" footage yet?

Back