• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

I do not like living in this age of no context. I want to be mad that this is such a flippant defense but it's so expected.

That was a great montage of Biden accepting the results of an election.

THey could just go up there and show a 2 minute video of a hippo shitting and then sit back down and Trump would still be acquitted

Of course the house managers hate Trump.

As should all good and decent people.

He’s earned it.

Exactly. To me all they are doing is proving that Trump deserves all the hate he gets.

The guy read the first amendment, including the beginning "Congress shall make no law..." Impeachment is not Congress making a law.

It's been pretty amazing to see Republicans contend that a process that is specifically outlined in the Constitution is unconstitutional. I've suspected for a long time that they just use "unconstitutional" to describe anything they don't like, but this makes it completely obvious.

Are they even going to bother introducing the Chewbacca defense or do they already feel they have acquittal in the bag?

It's been pretty amazing to see Republicans contend that a process that is specifically outlined in the Constitution is unconstitutional. I've suspected for a long time that they just use "unconstitutional" to describe anything they don't like, but this makes it completely obvious.

pretty stellar argument when the majority leader could've done this thing while the president was still in office yet didn't feel the need to. if Mitch was still in power would he ever have even started the trial?

That montage of Trump saying the phrase "law and order" really sold this defense, imo.

What's truly terrible is that likely forty some odd pussy pubs are going to dodge the factual evidence and acquit fearless leader. :(

Back