• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Impeachment: The Sequel

Generally, the house managers are making better use of the questions than are the defense.

Generally, the house managers are making better use of the questions than are the defense.

You mean just going up and saying “Yes” to a gimme question isn’t good use of time?

Rep. Plaskett just killed it right now. Amazing answer.

WOW! The emperor's hot head defense attorney may actually blow their slam dunk victory.

Imagine having to dodge a question about who won the election.

Republican senators able to sit through this and acquit Trump are despicable partisan cowards, unworthy of their office.

Or just idiots.

This may be the most delusion article I’ve seen about Republicans.

Even with acquittal, GOP sees trial ending Trump's shot at future office

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...ees-trial-ending-trumps-shot-at-future-office

“"Unwittingly, they are doing us a favor. They're making Donald Trump disqualified to run for president" even if he is acquitted, the senator said.

Other Republican senators, even those who have indicated they will vote to acquit, say it would be a good thing if the impeachment trial helps distance the party from Trump, who has thoroughly dominated GOP politics over the past five years.

“I can’t imagine the emotional reaction, the visceral reaction to what we saw today doesn’t have people thinking, ‘This is awful,’ whatever their view is on whether the president ought to be impeached or convicted,” said another GOP senator. “What would stand out to my colleagues is there was no rescue, there was nothing that came to put an end to it.””

So by having a trial to officially disqualify Trump from running for President the he thinks Democrats are “unwittingly” making Trump disqualified from running for president.

First, that’s just incredibly stupid. Second, they can help but see this as partisan. Third, they’re completely wrong. If Republicans acquit, they have selected Trump as their nominee and standard bearer for the next four years. It’s amazing that they don’t see that.

Finally glanced at this.

Good grief.

House GOP reps Jamie Herrera Beutler came through with a pretty huge statement. She witnessed McCarthy's conversation with Trump during the insurrection.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/trump-mccarthy-shouting-match-details/index.html

"You have to look at what he did during the insurrection to confirm where his mind was at," Herrera Beutler, one of 10 House Republicans who voted last month to impeach Trump, told CNN. "That line right there demonstrates to me that either he didn't care, which is impeachable, because you cannot allow an attack on your soil, or he wanted it to happen and was OK with it, which makes me so angry."
"We should never stand for that, for any reason, under any party flag," she added, voicing her extreme frustration: "I'm trying really hard not to say the F-word."
Herrera Beutler went a step further on Friday night, calling on others to speak up about any other details they might know regarding conversations Trump and Pence had on January 6.
"To the patriots who were standing next to the former president as these conversations were happening, or even to the former vice president: if you have something to add here, now would be the time," she said in a statement.
Another Republican member of Congress said the call was problematic for Trump.
"I think it speaks to the former President's mindset," said Rep. Anthony Gonzalez, an Ohio Republican who also voted to impeach Trump last month. "He was not sorry to see his unyieldingly loyal vice president or the Congress under attack by the mob he inspired. In fact, it seems he was happy about it or at the least enjoyed the scenes that were horrifying to most Americans across the country."

Completely agree. I don't know what Schumer's in such a hurry to do. Not pass bills because McConnell and the Republicans are stonewalling them?

Yes, it matters. These jurors are under oath.

Convict the SOB like they should, and move on from the emperor.

Back