• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana/Crean model for Wake?

I remember numerous complaints about terrible half court offense under the old regime. Would have been nice to get an xs and os upgrade.

We definitely have an xs and os update... There are many reasons to criticize Bzz, but this is the best ball movement we've had in years. We're not executing, particularly in our perimeter defense, but the ball is moving...

Will say, though, that three non-Bzz related intervening variables explaining why the ball is moving better could be any of the following:
-CJ is a year older.
-We have two true point guards on the roster.
-Chase is a very smart basketball player.

Last edited:
We definitely have an xs and os update... There are many reasons to criticize Bzz, but this is the best ball movement we've had in years. We're not executing, particularly in our perimeter defense, but the ball is moving...

The ball needs to move into the basket.

The ball is moving, but it isn't really going anywhere.

The half court offense, for the most part, isn't all that much different than what we ran during Dino's time. Occasionally McKie will cut to the basket, but otherwise it's more or less the same thing lots of passing around the perimeter and then penetration. It's still much better than last year though.

End of half management is the exact same (dribbling around until there's 4-6 seconds on the clock and then a wild drive into the paint by the ball handler), except not nearly as effective with TC or CJ in Ish's place.

I am not seeing the X and O upgrade on offense, the exception being some of the end of game plays (particularly Iowa, Miami, and Nebraska come to mind).

I do like that we will switch defensive schemes more frequently, seeing man, zone, and match-up zone. A lot better than whatever Dino's defense was, and the result should play more to the should-be strengths of any high major team (turnovers that lead to transition offense).

Last edited:
How's this for a model?

ptpKO.png

Commence the NegRep...

Last edited:
How's this for a model?

ptpKO.png

Commence the NegRep...

HOLY COW....that is amazing information. Pretty tough to dispute that. 11 Conference wins in 4 years of high major coaching. That is not good.

Last edited:
Oh, dear God. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

This guy is a sham. The numbers that continue to come out of his coaching career are nothing short of an embarrassment.

HOLY COW....that is amazing information. Pretty tough to dispute that.

It's just a confusing way of saying what we already know -- most of the teams Bz has coached have been bad. And nobody has ever disputed that.

There is a difference in bad, and what that chart shows. That chart shows that even in Air Force's supposed great run, that they really didn't beat anyone.

2006: 6 wins that year were against the top 100, and none were against anyone in the top 50. In reality, Bz hangs his college coaching hat on that Air Force team, and when it is broken down like this it proves that it really wasn't that amazing of a year, just an amazing job of scheduling.

2007: 9 wins that year against the top 100 and none in the top 40.

Just not good....

Last edited:
There is a difference in bad, and what that chart shows. That chart shows that even in Air Force's supposed great run, that they really didn't beat anyone. 6 wins that year were against the top 100, and none were against anyone in the top 50. In reality, Bz hangs his college coaching hat on that Air Force team, and when it is broken down like this it proves that it really wasn't that amazing of a year, just an amazing job of scheduling.

The chart uses kenpom to judge how good a team is. We have kenpom's ratings of [Redacted]'s team. 44th in 2006, 22nd in 2007. There's nothing more to be gained from slicing up Bz's teams than what we figured out within three days after we first heard his name mentioned.

Last edited:
I agree with IAppreciateIt. We have rehashed the same information over and over and over and over and over again, and it isn't going to change anything. He doesn't have much of a resume, but he has been in some pretty significant rebuilding situations. He is going to be here a couple of more years regardless, but if we don't see a major move towards competitiveness next year, it ain't going to be pretty.

Some of the BuzzOut guys on this board remind me of Beavis and Butthead. They are to Bzz as B&B are to chicks. Except the opposite.

The chart uses kenpom to judge how good a team is. We have kenpom's ratings of [Redacted]'s team. 44th in 2006, 22nd in 2007. There's nothing more to be gained from slicing up Bz's teams than what we figured out within three days after we first heard his name mentioned.

+1.

This is exactly what I was talking about on another thread.

Please, somebody, tell us something that we don't already know!

(I hope you didn't spend too much time on that chart... :eek:)

Some of the BuzzOut guys on this board remind me of Beavis and Butthead. They are to Bzz as B&B are to chicks. Except the opposite.

Remember the time you told me a W-L record doesn't matter for coaches? Ahh, memories.

Back