• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Indiana/Crean model for Wake?

In other words, let's not discuss the past.

You know how the old saying goes, "Those who forget the past will be alright in the future."

Isn't that it?

+1.

This is exactly what I was talking about on another thread.

Please, somebody, tell us something that we don't already know!

(I hope you didn't spend too much time on that chart... :eek:)

That is new information. The KenPom numbers for [Redacted]'s teams has been know, but the KenPom numbers for the team's they beat and lost to has not been known.

That is new information. The KenPom numbers for [Redacted]'s teams has been know, but the KenPom numbers for the team's they beat and lost to has not been known.

I mean, he uses the latter to come up with the former.

So, it is broken down more than what we already knew, correct?

I don't think anybody is saying to forget the past. I think that people are saying let's not rehash something for the 10,000th time despite it being put into a different saying this time.

I appreciate the chart, and it obviously is not favorable. Thanks for the time put in there VT.

So, it is broken down more than what we already knew, correct?

I guess. I'm not sure I get the point? It's going backwards from a more complete and meaningful statistic, one that not only takes into account the quality of the teams played but the margins, tempo, etc., to something less sophisticated and meaningful.

Ever notice that there comes a point in a persons life that the get stuck where they are? Same habits, schedule, clothes etc. Bzz's tie's tell me he has found his "old man look."

He won't be learning any new coaching tricks either.

Like it or not IU is a MUCH better job than Wake.

But several years ago when they came here for the Big 10 Challenge and only had about 5 schollie players, our guys AAU'd it up on them to the point of embarrassment. We were doing needless alley oops and behind the back passes to embarrassment. My how times change.

I don't think anybody is saying to forget the past. I think that people are saying let's not rehash something for the 10,000th time despite it being put into a different saying this time.

I appreciate the chart, and it obviously is not favorable. Thanks for the time put in there VT.

I think it's hard not to think about how we got here every time the reality that is the current state of the program beats us over the head.

Also, it is worth noting imo. That we are 4-0 against teams that we were ranked ahead of and 2-4 against teams that were ranked ahead of us at the time of the game according to KenPom.

So while people can argue (and quite successfully I would say) that we should not be this bad, it doesn't make sense imo to say that we have regressed this year, or have no TCOB against teams that we were not favored in to start with. Of course we want to win all of the games, and would have liked a better outing against Richmond and ASU, but that just shows how inconsistent we are, as young teams usually are.

But several years ago when they came here for the Big 10 Challenge and only had about 5 schollie players, our guys AAU'd it up on them to the point of embarrassment. We were doing needless alley oops and behind the back passes to embarrassment. My how times change.

Not sure what this has to do at all with the thread.

We were a lot better than them, what's your point? Oladipo would dunk it all over our heads this year. If you're so ashamed of alley-oops, go watch girls middle school basketball and shut up.

I miss those days too.

Remember the time you told me a W-L record doesn't matter for coaches? Ahh, memories.

This is just what I keep coming back to in dissecting Bz's hire...

------------

RON WELLMAN
(at the press conference announcing Dino's firing):

The basis of the decision was our late season and post season performance. And we have just not performed up to the level that we expect our programs to perform. Last year at this time, I think, you'll recall that we talked about how we wanted to find a way to improve our late season performances. And, in fact, we did not meet that goal sufficiently.
The last three years, in February and March, we have been 16-17. In March we've been 4-7.

-------------

Here's a zoomed in view of how [Redacted] was doing over the same period at Colorado:

aaicm.png

Then, when asked what he used to analyze his decision to fire Gaudio:

Wellman: The wins and losses, of course, were the prominent statistic.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vtwhat etc again.

Nice chart, and once again I will say (as if it is not painfully obvious by now), that post-season record was clearly not the reason that Dino Gaudio was fired. It made for a nice little scapegoat for Ron Wellman to pawn off to the fans.

Not to mention that Coach Gaudio's teams were hella more talented than the teams that Coach Bdzelik had.

Not sure what this has to do at all with the thread.

Most of his threads have little to do with anything.

Remember the time you told me a W-L record doesn't matter for coaches? Ahh, memories.

I didn't. I said there was no statistic to accurately measure coaching ability, and that W-L wasn't a statistic that measured the ability of an individual coach.

I do remember you vehemently arguing otherwise while simultaneously trying to tell me that not everything can be calculated with a statistic. It was strange.

This is just what I keep coming back to in dissecting Bz's hire...

------------

RON WELLMAN
(at the press conference announcing Dino's firing):

The basis of the decision was our late season and post season performance. And we have just not performed up to the level that we expect our programs to perform. Last year at this time, I think, you'll recall that we talked about how we wanted to find a way to improve our late season performances. And, in fact, we did not meet that goal sufficiently.
The last three years, in February and March, we have been 16-17. In March we've been 4-7.

-------------

Then, when asked what he used to analyze his decision to fire Gaudio:

Wellman: The wins and losses, of course, were the prominent statistic.

This is definitely an issue that needs more discussion, imo.

Back