• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Infinite Jest Mafia - Gouda hands the CIVs a win

This was a huge pull.

I went through and examined the various night hits but had not picked up that. Just assumed my RB of Gooner was gonna backseat him for a bit when in reality should have caught him.

My RB strategy was to go after the people I thought were bad and thus were Knight, Gooner, and eventually Gouda when I suspected him of indy.

Well played, numbers. Gouda, solid indy play - your strength in hitting mafia is also what helped give you away to me as indy later in the game (knew gooner wasn't indy, didn't believe tim or eagles were, and can't imagine the others would have had the success you did).

And great game, GAT.

The games are better when you participate because you’re fun to play with when you do.

Numbers pull probably saved the game because I was probably dying there without it. Gouda did well. Mako did well. A lot of people did and mafia was very strong. I didn’t have many people sticking out to me at all so it was difficult.

There was no doubt at all that SD3 won it. If there was an award for 2nd it would've gone to Knight. Which made the whole thing moot as Knight was maf anyway.

The power for civs would've been RNG'ed to a person. For maf i let them choose who used it. How awkward would that have been in Knight had won and i had given a power to someone else in the maf?

"Uhhh...hey guys, use this. You didn't win, but one of the other players thinks you should have it."

GAT, was it always going to be a watch, or could it have been a track/kill/investigation?

Weird thing about winning the one night watch, I actually wasnt the mafia member to use it. I think we gave it to goon to use on eagles, and I made the hit? I was worried about that backfiring on us later with a civ special

Nonny nailing me with the RB was arguably the civ play of the game because everything that came after it pretty much originated with N4.

Was goons call. I advocated killing Eagles with the untraceable hit, but goon thought he had a better shot with ryala dead and eagles in thread. In his credit, was super close until the last day.

On the night ryala and bym died, I send in protection on bym and then changed it to eaglez. I had decided to mix it up between eaglez and ryala until I had a reason to protect someone else. I didn't realize I wouldn't know if my protection was used or not. I pulled off bym figuring that he might be avoided since folks would assume protection and switched to eaglez b/c it was revealed by SD3 that no one visited him, telegraphing that he wasn't getting protection.

"Uhhh...hey guys, use this. You didn't win, but one of the other players thinks you should have it."

GAT, was it always going to be a watch, or could it have been a track/kill/investigation?

It was never going to be a kill or an invest. It was either track or watch and i decided on watch before Ph got lynched. I wanted it to be meaningful but not ridic OP.

It was never going to be a kill or an invest. It was either track or watch and i decided on watch before Ph got lynched. I wanted it to be meaningful but not ridic OP.

I really liked the way SD3 used it. It really kept the game interesting. Neat mechanic, but probably only a once-a-year thing to do.

Lol, no - we roleblocked you thinking it would be better to let the indy keep hitting to get numbers down and Gouda killed me.

I was thinking mafia RB was dead then. Guess not.

I also did not have gooner as maf, everything I said about him was actually what I was trying to do with him...get some momentum going. Lol WHOOPS

I also did not have gooner as maf, everything I said about him was actually what I was trying to do with him...get some momentum going. Lol WHOOPS

You are definitely the Cersei to Eagles' Jaime

Curious what was frustrating. I could tell you weren't the normal Eagles.

I didn’t feel great about anyone being mafia. I think every civ I leaned was right and my voting pools were good but I never was able to feel confident about any mafia which is funny because my substantive votes were juice d1 sd3 d2 before ph’s post da d3 etc.

But I was spending all of my energy trying to protect tim while being told I was either mafia or dumb or weird or off. It gets tough to post the same thing over and over again when you’re swimming up stream to convince people you aren’t mafia, while trying to convince other people someone else isn’t mafia (and you don’t know for sure yourself).

Back