• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inside Scoop on [Redacted] from Miami Game/Miami Post-Game

The OP made such a point not to "curse" BZ in front of the player's moms, I'm surprised he didn't show Nina the same respect. I feel sorry for anyone who has to live with Bz. No need to make her more miserable.

So what would have happened if Bz had turned around and defended himself? What if he had engaged in a verbal confrontation or it had turned physical?

There is nothing good about approaching and cursing out the HC. Nothing.

I don't like the guy and I'm ready for his "resignation", and booing him at games is fine (and should be expected). Signs are fine as long as they aren't directed toward the team (and should be expected). There is, however, a line that shouldn't be crossed...and it was crossed.

Icing him out after speaking to players, parents, and other assistants would have sent the same message.

I feel bad for Nina, and I don't feel like she should be subjected to this, either. She isn't part of the problem. She hears the boos and sees the empty seats. She knows how people feel about her husband.

Sad that our basketball program has come to this. Thanks Ron.

Agreed and good post.

I wonder if the OP would have gotten less criticism if his target had been Ron Wellman. IDK but let's find out! We need a volunteer to "curse" and otherwise heckle Ron Wellman Wednesday at the ACCT and then post a detailed account here on the MB. We will be able to get a more accurate comparison if you are able to accomplish this while Ms. Wellman is present. TIA...

Last edited:
Who cares that the OP swore at Bzz? I can't believe anyone is even surprised by this. This is the natural evolution of starving the fanbase of honesty and integrity. The whole Fire Bzz campaign is a microcosm of revolution. People are fed up and most of us are still waiting for an explanation. I wouldn't have done it, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I didn't realize people hated Bzz that much. I know I do, but I thought the OP provided some interesting context. This coupled with fans not wanting Greg Marshall because he spoke unkindly towards our floundering program proves to me that Wake fans remain okay with average as long as we can continue sticking our nose up while comparing ourselves to other schools. I love Wake, but we need to get over this pathetic "it's okay because we do it the right way" bullshit. We do a lot of shit the wrong way just like every other school. Get over it. Carolina is a great school. So is Duke. We all have our problems, but their fans expect success whereas ours are happy enough pretending that our players are better citizens. Sure we're not blatantly cheating like UNC was but we're not rolling out road-scholars either. If Wake stops playing the battered wife maybe then we can hire some people (like Skip) who truly believe Wake can be great. We may never get there, but it was a hell of a lot more fun when our fans had hope.

+1

Seriously, guys, if you're cheering some random dude cursing out [Redacted] in a parking lot...if that makes you feel better and feel that this guy was justified...maybe you should take some time away from sports. Re-evaluate your life or something. That shit isn't healthy.

How are directing words at somebody unhealthy?

It is certainly dickish, but I don't think the OP lost any days off of his/her life because they said, "you fucking suck" (or whatever) to [Redacted].

Who cares that the OP swore at Bzz? I can't believe anyone is even surprised by this. This is the natural evolution of starving the fanbase of honesty and integrity. The whole Fire Bzz campaign is a microcosm of revolution. People are fed up and most of us are still waiting for an explanation. I wouldn't have done it, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I didn't realize people hated Bzz that much. I know I do, but I thought the OP provided some interesting context. This coupled with fans not wanting Greg Marshall because he spoke unkindly towards our floundering program proves to me that Wake fans remain okay with average as long as we can continue sticking our nose up while comparing ourselves to other schools. I love Wake, but we need to get over this pathetic "it's okay because we do it the right way" bullshit. We do a lot of shit the wrong way just like every other school. Get over it. Carolina is a great school. So is Duke. We all have our problems, but their fans expect success whereas ours are happy enough pretending that our players are better citizens. Sure we're not blatantly cheating like UNC was but we're not rolling out road-scholars either. If Wake stops playing the battered wife maybe then we can hire some people (like Skip) who truly believe Wake can be great. We may never get there, but it was a hell of a lot more fun when our fans had hope.

Other than the fact that we are all fed up, I disagree with the great majority of this post. Just because we expect our programs to be above reproach does not mean we do not expect to compete and win. We have done it before and there is no reason we can't do it again.

And, Buzz is clearly no "roads scholar" given his record away from home!

I still feel sorry for his wife. And cursing Jeff out in front of family members is pathetic. You may have heard the famous quote directed toward Senator McCArthy

"You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"

Seriously, who really gets upset when some stranger cusses at them? Does that really impact anybody's day?

Who gives a shit what some stranger thinks about you. It is such a non-event.

From Buzz's perspective, I'm sure it was a non-event. I would imagine he's even getting used to it. But for an adult man/woman to wait like some deranged stalker outside a sports arena at the team bus in order to hurl obscenities at a basketball coach is pathetic.

Seriously, who really gets upset when some stranger cusses at them? Does that really impact anybody's day?

Who gives a shit what some stranger thinks about you. It is such a non-event.

uh, if some random guy came up and started swearing at me and my wife i'd flip out

uh, if some random guy came up and started swearing at me and my wife i'd flip out

Like most of the world, this doesn't happen to you.

It has become so commonplace to DV7 that even the deli guy at the supermarket and the little girls selling Thin Mints do it to him immediately upon his arrival.

From Buzz's perspective, I'm sure it was a non-event. I would imagine he's even getting used to it. But for an adult man/woman to wait like some deranged stalker outside a sports arena at the team bus in order to hurl obscenities at a basketball coach is pathetic.

yeah, buzz's offence is on the court, so anything directed at him should be on the court. Can't say I have much sympathy for public harassment (and yes, I want him gone too).

Only because you would have no idea what was going on because you don't suck at life.

Sounded more like someone recounting a dream than reality. Buzz is the most hated man in NC yet got a 4th year? More than one person didn't hate him.

Like most of the world, this doesn't happen to you.

It has become so commonplace to DV7 that even the deli guy at the supermarket and the little girls selling Thin Mints do it to him immediately upon his arrival.

why do you LIE?!?!

Back