• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Inside the pampered world of DC’s VIP diners

Sorry that I want to enjoy living life bro. I can't imagine actually wanting to get out of bed and do anything if I knew that all I could eat that day was lame veggies.

This post makes me sad for you, bro.

Of course. I made a post a few weeks ago about the mouth watering nature of cauliflower roasted with garlic, cumin, tumeric and onion power (or some combination of 4 spices) and a bunch of sad people declared that any food requiring that many spices was not worth eating.

Vegetables are good. Meat is good. Not eating both is sad.

Eating meat is super bad for the environment so minimizing your consumption is the ethical thing to do, there is really no way around that. If you love steak, having one every couple months is ok or if you can't eliminate bacon but it's the only meat you eat, that is way better than sausages for breakfast, hamburgers for lunch and rib-eye for dinner every day. Just try getting your meat consumption down to something reasonable, like 10% of your total calories.

this is why i only eat chicken fingers and store-brand boxed mac and cheese

the fiber is in the cardboard, friend

17123456.jpg

Eating meat is super bad for the environment so minimizing your consumption is the ethical thing to do, there is really no way around that. If you love steak, having one every couple months is ok or if you can't eliminate bacon but it's the only meat you eat, that is way better than sausages for breakfast, hamburgers for lunch and rib-eye for dinner every day. Just try getting your meat consumption down to something reasonable, like 10% of your total calories.

Unless you walk everywhere, your environmental argument doesn’t hold much weight.

Of course. I made a post a few weeks ago about the mouth watering nature of cauliflower roasted with garlic, cumin, tumeric and onion power (or some combination of 4 spices) and a bunch of sad people declared that any food requiring that many spices was not worth eating.

My favorite way to roast cauliflower is with an onion and potatoes with a curry sauce over it - sauce is a mixture of red wine, olive oil, curry powder, cayenne, salt, cumin and coriander.

Unless you walk everywhere, your environmental argument doesn’t hold much weight.

Ummm, yes it does. I produce less carbon by not eating meat and driving a car than I produce by eating meat and driving a car. Also, climate change/carbon production is not the only environmental negative of meat production. For example, chicken and pork production are major water pollution problems, all meat production causes land conversion and habitat destruction for a wide variety of wildlife and plants. I gave up meat because of wild-land / habitat destruction long before i knew about cow belching.

Counterpoint: many birds taste delicious

Back