• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interesting Article on Greg Marshall

I suspect Wellman will make what he considers a reasonable offer to Smart and Marshall then pick Turner. That way he can say he went after the big guns but they weren't interested. Of course Wellman's idea of a reasonable offer is way below what anyone else's is. Then he'll spin the Turner hire.

Damn, it's frustrating how so many speak of Marshall as though he's a jerk. It just isn't true. He's a great guy. I've played golf with him a fair number of times, had lunch, dinner, drank beer etc and he's just one of us. Virtually all of you would hang out with him and enjoy him as a friend. I guess he's competitive, but not like out of control. Most of us like to win at stuff. Greg is just really good at what he does, and like most of us he is aware of it and believes in himself. He just thinks that you could put him anywhere and he would win. As far as his players liking him, I would be surprised if they didn't. I'm sure he's intense, but he's kind of a hip type of guy and I bet he has all speeds with his players. Probably gets on them, but teases them on the bus about a girl.

Guys, just my two cents about him. May or may not mean anything or even be interesting. I don't think he would take the Wake job this year but that's just my personal feel. I would love to end up being wrong about that. I think Greg has his sights on a top 5 type job. I also think, and again it's just me, but I have gotten a feeling that he wants to get to the NBA.

Last edited:
Not interested in Marshall. Don't need it. Seems an ass. I say Shaka Smart over GM

Back