• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Interesting Article on Greg Marshall

There are 20k reasons why Gregg Marshall will choose not to come here.

I'll be slightly more explicit. It takes 2 to tango and I know the mindset of one of the dance partners.

If the speculation on the coaching decision annoys you, then why comment on it?

I am not annoyed in the slightest. I am hopeful with what I have heard but it will not involve Gregg Marshall.

I feel OK saying this about Marshall but I can't divulge much more. I was fed 2 names to start and then another laundry list thereafter without those 2 names as primary targets. At least this time 'Jeff [Redacted]' wasn't the first name I heard so I am very hopeful.

I feel OK saying this about Marshall but I can't divulge much more. I was fed 2 names to start and then another laundry list thereafter without those 2 names as primary targets. At least this time 'Jeff [Redacted]' wasn't the first name I heard so I am very hopeful.

Why not say who the two names are? With as many names that have been thrown out here it's not like it will be taken as anything more than rumor and speculation.

This is the problem with coaching searches. We get a bunch of bullshit from a ton of people as well as people that take this holier than thou attitude in regards to rumors, speculations, hopes, dreams, and wishes. Its a fucking message board. Let me repeat its a fucking message board. We post whatever the fuck we want to post, we throw out crazy names. Do I think Marshall is coming here, hell no. Do I want him to, hell yes. Do I want to talk crazy theories, names, put some money in a crowd tilt, argue with people because its entertainment and fun, hell yes. Fuck anyone that comes here with there bullshit about why talk about it, its not happening. Until the new coach is hired all speculation is valid even the .0000000001% speculation. Maybe we hire an actual robot, who the fuck knows because it hasn't happened yet. What else do you want a beaten down and basically apathetic fanbase to talk about that finally has a glimmer of real hope as short lived as it may be with incredible odds we hire someone good. Hey guys we are going to get killed by Notre Dame, so how about that weather?

There are definitely people on this board who seem to have inside info. You guys should pay attention.

This is the problem with coaching searches. We get a bunch of bullshit from a ton of people as well as people that take this holier than thou attitude in regards to rumors, speculations, hopes, dreams, and wishes. Its a fucking message board. Let me repeat its a fucking message board. We post whatever the fuck we want to post, we throw out crazy names. Do I think Marshall is coming here, hell no. Do I want him to, hell yes. Do I want to talk crazy theories, names, put some money in a crowd tilt, argue with people because its entertainment and fun, hell yes. Fuck anyone that comes here with there bullshit about why talk about it, its not happening. Until the new coach is hired all speculation is valid even the .0000000001% speculation. Maybe we hire an actual robot, who the fuck knows because it hasn't happened yet. What else do you want a beaten down and basically apathetic fanbase to talk about that finally has a glimmer of real hope as short lived as it may be with incredible odds we hire someone good. Hey guys we are going to get killed by Notre Dame, so how about that weather?

Here's some inside grammar tips for you.

Use paragraph breaks. People didn't read past your second sentence.

He better have two outstanding names at the top after he ruined our basketball program for the last four years.

He better have two outstanding names at the top after he ruined our basketball program for the last four years.

Someone just needs to break into his office. I feel like Wellman is old enough to actually have a piece of paper sealed in an envelope with five coaches listed 1 through 5.

Let me guess. The two names were Ben Howland and Russell Turner and the other list had 31 names on it.

He made it to the Final Four last year and logged the first undefeated regular season since 1991 in what will likely culminate in a #1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Dude doesn't have to prove shit to anyone and he has earned the right to be an arrogant prick. Why this is even a debate is beyond me.

A person can earn the right to be an arrogant prick? Has coach K earned that? I didn't know being an arrogant prick was a "right". Is that an inalienable right?

And as long as we're looking at Xavier connections, how about Sean Miller (though he would probably be as expensive as Shaka or Marshall)?

Does Sean Miller's wife still have dengue fever or whatever it is she's allergic to in the desert? If she's on the cusp of death, then MAYBE Sean Miller leaves.

Sigh, if only that Sean Miller guy had a little brother that looks and talks exactly like him who has started his career on a similar trajectory that we would actually be able to hire....

Very hopeful is good.

He's said "hopeful" twice since last night, so that's good. He said expect an underwhelming hire a week ago, though, so that's not good.

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla · 16m
Nooo way--has better job. RT @dalbertthekid: @franfraschilla thoughts on Marshall to Wake?

Back