• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

so 380 puts for Mid june?

Yes, although I expect a modest relief bounce after tomorrow's CPI data so maybe wait that out to get a better buy in. Seen a lot of options activity around 350 for late summer.

And I am in no way a Biden supporter, but his issue isn't that he caused this (cough... Fed... cough). His issue is that he's downplayed it the entire time and is now blaming others and/or saying that nobody could have seen this coming when there have been a TON of voices warning about higher inflation for well over a year now. He's completely tone deaf.

Right. They don't own the cause. They own the solution, or at least the mitigation of the problem. Letting the pot boil over and then blaming every other crisis, plus the cringe worthy "MAGA republican" label he is affixing to everything now is just worthless.

The fed raising rates last week was the first good sign that someone is addressing the problem.

There are idiots out there who bought AMC over $50 who are still convinced that the MOASS is coming.

If you go to their website and read past reports, they have a pretty solid hit rate of uncovering shady businesses before the broader market comes around.

They were proven "correct" (in that the stocks went down massively) for shitcos like Nikola, Clover Health, Lordstown Motors (and others).

Gotcha. I thought you were saying they short stocks and then write hit pieces to tank the value.

Re: CPI data tomorrow. I'm worried the whole reason for the Biden presser today is that the numbers missed expectations. Predictions are for some deceleration year over year...hope they are right. Any relief is good relief at this point.

Re: CPI data tomorrow. I'm worried the whole reason for the Biden presser today is that the numbers missed expectations. Predictions are for some deceleration year over year...hope they are right. Any relief is good relief at this point.

Housing stuff is starting to cool, lumber is going down for example. But China is still in lockdown and Xi doesn't seem willing to give up on a Zero COVID strategy which will just destroy the global economy if he keeps it up. Energy and food is just getting started with the Ukraine war and its ramifications.

LK should've posted this at 3:45 instead of 7:35

So explain all this as if you were explaining it to a fourth grader.

The cafeteria at school is out of pizza and all you kids get is Salisbury steak now. You'll be fed some bullshit about it being not so bad because you could always be getting creamed chipped beef, but deep down you know you're about to eat something awful.

Real talk...the FED waited way too long trying to thread the needle on raising rates to fight inflation because they feared a market correction and the economic impact. Rather than a slow burn, we are getting all the pain at onc3.

We'd be in a better spot if Donald were still the President

:couch:

Donald would threaten to fire the Fed Chief for raising rates though. He needs cheap cash to keep his crumbling empire afloat. Orgs that operate with tons of debt will not like the recent changes and will all know Donald only cares about No. 1....

In other words, his position would be that inflation would be gone in about a week if we just ignore it.

Today, specifically, is kind of dumb.

Last month the CPI was 8.5% y/y... The worst in ~40 years.
This month, the expectations were for it to "cool" a bit to 8.1% y/y... Instead, it only "cooled" to 8.3%.

So lower, but not as much lower as expected... And there were many thinking it would have a 7 handle.

In reality, we're talking tenths of a percent on what is largely a flawed measurement anyway.... But the headline number was worse than expected (even though you could make the argument that inflation has peaked). So stocks are weak (again).

I just know that my Roth has lost about a fifth of its total worth in one week. Doesn't really matter because I won't need it for like 15 years but it's still interesting to watch.

Back