• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

is a public youtube video private information or public information?

is a public youtube public information?

• Total voters
People much farther up the industry scale than you disagree.

The same concept in music and journalism has had VASTLY detrimental effects on the overall quality of material.

What music concepts are you talking about? Speaking from the artist-side, I have a hard time believing anything that disrupted the former model (e.g., the record label cartels, etc.) is detrimental for anyone other than the traditional (and obsolete) record labels. You don't need a gatekeeper for music. Reviews, ratings and 10 seconds on Spotify or iTunes can tell you how good or bad you think the product is. If you make or like less "popular" genres, the disruption of the music industry and the ability of artists to go direct has been a major benefit.

The story with journalism is a bit more complicated. The death (and they are dead) of traditional newspapers and magazines has certainly resulted in an overall reduction in writing quality, but less well written news today has won over arguably better written news tomorrow. Over time, things will likely shake out to the point good writing is consolidated on a few brands, with a more immediate platform.

Townies post seems more detrimental than the YouTube

Townie, why are you trying to harm RJK's business concept?

someone has to consider the comma splice, folks.

What music concepts are you talking about? Speaking from the artist-side, I have a hard time believing anything that disrupted the former model (e.g., the record label cartels, etc.) is detrimental for anyone other than the traditional (and obsolete) record labels. You don't need a gatekeeper for music. Reviews, ratings and 10 seconds on Spotify or iTunes can tell you how good or bad you think the product is. If you make or like less "popular" genres, the disruption of the music industry and the ability of artists to go direct has been a major benefit.

The story with journalism is a bit more complicated. The death (and they are dead) of traditional newspapers and magazines has certainly resulted in an overall reduction in writing quality, but less well written news today has won over arguably better written news tomorrow. Over time, things will likely shake out to the point good writing is consolidated on a few brands, with a more immediate platform.

Don't disagree with any of this. Takes a bit more digging these days, but it's not a bad time to be a music fan, and places like Bandcamp have done great work for unsigned artists.

It went somewhere, I couldn't let stand. Somewhere it shouldn't have gone.

wait, shit, I had something for this

"A boundary almost overstepped?"

no, wait, that's terrible. fuck, just come back to me.

HE'S BAAAAAAACK

top-ten-inglourious.jpg

Milhouse is just an RJ shill. Look at the hits and attention he brought RJ and that video! If he can do that for RJ, imagine what he could do for soccer or professional bowling or MSG.

How did we get through this whole thread without mentioning the Sleepy/awakegirl stalking incident?

Ironic too that RJKarl has to be the most revealing user name around here, unless you count irishslim

Back