• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is America the greatest country on Earth?

?

• Yes

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 24.5%

• Total voters
Nope

prost.jpg

yes. we are #1. except for all the states in between the coasts.

Too many social conservatives and teatotalers.

I'd think being in Scandanavia would be pretty awesome, except for the weather

I realize this is totally anecdotal, but if the US wasn't the greatest nation then why does everybody who doesn't live here want to come live here?

Have you ever heard of Canada, with all their free stuff, having an immigration problem?

Voting 'yes' feels a little like hubris, but I can't think of another nation that permits the free exchange and tolerance of ideas while accommodating such diversity the way the U.S. does. We have serious problems that require serious solutions, but I think it's possible to recognize those flaws and still think the U.S. is the best without going all Team America on the world.

Yes, and it's not even close. Western Europe is pretty nice, but they're tethered to more deadbeats than ACC football.

Australia seems pretty cool, but the wildlife tries to kill you.

Anyone who voted yes should watch the intro from the HBO show Newsroom. It certainly had me up and applauding, and may make you question your answer.

Back