• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is America the greatest country on Earth?

?

• Yes

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 24.5%

• Total voters
There is no "greatest" country in the world. But if I had to pick a place to live the rest of my life, it likely wouldn't be the USA.

Anyone who voted yes should watch the intro from the HBO show Newsroom. It certainly had me up and applauding, and may make you question your answer.

Are you talking about Jeff Daniels' tirade of cherrypicked statistics? Yeah, no.

Yes hands down. Everyone loves to think all of these other countries' have it made, but they have just as many - if not more - problems than the United States... and they are usually 1/10 the size.

where would you choose to live?

Not sure, though it's a question I've been trying to figure out for awhile. If it was permanent, Europe for sure, likely Germany. But as someone looking to open my own business, I've come to realize the US makes it nearly impossible to attempt that, at least with what I'm looking to do.

As far as countries I've spent time in, the US would be somewhere around 4 or 5 on my list. I generally don't like the me first attitude that's becoming common in the US. Also a much smaller percentage of the population seems to be happy with what they have. Far too many people make the job their lifestyle while putting aside the things that make them truly happy.

But to each their own. I've loved certain places where the locals thought I was crazy to even bother visiting.

Yes and no. Would I have wanted to be born anywhere else? No. Do we have serious economic and social issues? Yes, so you have to take the good with the bad here.

It would be fun to live in Costa Rica though.

Last edited:
New Zealand seems dope. Scandinavia would be tops if it had a milder climate.

Back