• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Dan Collins Getting Too Personal With Buzz?

"Mr. [Redacted], is it true that you kill puppies in your spare time?"

"Mr. [Redacted], is it true that you kill puppies in your spare time?"

Bzz: (Grinning like a fag with a bag of dicks) "Well Mr. Vision, I talk to the puppies just like I am talking to you right now. I think you should really ask them!"

Puppies: "COACH IS THE GREATEST. WE GOT EVERYTHING WE DESERVED BECAUSE WE DIDN'T DO AS WE WERE TOLD"

fuuuu

I see no problem with what Dan is saying. Bzz is a failure as a coach and certainly a failure at creating good PR for dear old Wake

I know David Glenn isn't much more popular around here, but I found this interesting. He just said on his radio show (while responding to a caller who was basically asking Glenn to tell him anything that might suggest [Redacted] could be gone) that the last time he (Glenn) asked about the coaching situation at Wake, Wellman told him "I wouldn't tell you anything if you walked barefoot across hot coals to ask."

Maybe this is why he likes Bz...they're both huge dicks.

I have a real hard time believing Wellman would say anything like that.

I know David Glenn isn't much more popular around here, but I found this interesting. He just said on his radio show (while responding to a caller who was basically asking Glenn to tell him anything that might suggest [Redacted] could be gone) that the last time he (Glenn) asked about the coaching situation at Wake, Wellman told him "I wouldn't tell you anything if you walked barefoot across hot coals to ask."

Maybe this is why he likes Bz...they're both huge dicks.

Did you hear the interview with the new voice of the Tarholes Jones Angel? Listening to that I could picture Woody "Yoda" Durham sitting there saying, I have taught you well young padwon.

That's because Wellman knows that David Glenn would spout off inappropriately.

If you were an AD planning on firing or retaining your divisive head coach at the end of the season, why would you tell a sports radio host?

I don't know why Wellman would phrase it like that but I know why he didn't spill the beans.

in ron's defense, david glenn is a ginormous toolbag

Did you hear the interview with the new voice of the Tarholes Jones Angel? Listening to that I could picture Woody "Yoda" Durham sitting there saying, I have taught you well young padwon.

He might as well be Woody Durham.

As far as Wellman, I was surprised by the way Glenn claimed he said it as well...but maybe he just really dislikes Glenn (or the media in General).

Last edited:
Ron not commenting on the state of the program speaks volumes about Bzz's future.

I just think it's cowardly to bash Buzz and then set up a commentary forum specifically designed to attack and hurt Buzz.

What has Buzz ever done to Collins?

I think it's time to tamp down the vitriol and, to paraphrase John Lennon, "Give Buzz A Chance!"

He just calls it in his articles & blog like he sees them. Calling a spade a spade without sugar coating it. What else would you like him to say?

If he personally gave Buzz and Wellman a double fisted nut punch it would not be too personal.

David Glenn was saying that about Wellman the last time he was asked about an upcoming hire... not about Jeff [Redacted]'s job security.

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/mytakeonwake/

I know he is the beat writer, but jeez lighten up on the coach.

Is Collins trying to lose access to the team?

This doesn't strike me as objective reporting at all. Instead, it seems like Collins has a personal vendetta against The Buzz.

Am I the only person around here who thinks Buzz handled the question professionally and with dignity?

Hey Collins, take it down a notch.

GO DEACS!

Are you being serious or just trying to stir things up?

Back