• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Dan Collins Getting Too Personal With Buzz?

I see this saga leading to a movie,if only Tony Perkins was still around as Norman Bates to play BZ.

I agree with this, part of me thinks that Wellman's pride will keep him from dumping Bzz at the end of this year.

Agreed, RW's pride will most likely keep him from admitting a mistake and canning Bz before this gets even worse, but his lack of endorsement (ie the RW and Bz dog and pony show from last year) has me hoping that RW will man up and pull the plug.

Agreed, RW's pride will most likely keep him from admitting a mistake and canning Bz before this gets even worse, but his lack of endorsement (ie the RW and Bz dog and pony show from last year) has me hoping that RW will man up and pull the plug.

I am actually glad Wellman hasn't been speaking out as much. It was pathetic to hear him on the radio after we lose to a team by 20 points looking for some sort of silver lining in all of it.

David Glenn was saying that about Wellman the last time he was asked about an upcoming hire... not about Jeff [Redacted]'s job security.

I must have not quite understood what he was saying. Thanks for clarifying. Still a dick answer to a typical question from the press.

Aye. I think David Glenn was paraphrasing and just trying to get across that there is no way he, nor any other media member, truly knows what Wellman is thinking because he keeps such a tight lid on it all.

My response is simple: go get'em Dan. Dan's not being "personal". He's being coldly analytical and factual and evaluating the performance of a COACH. Any Coach knows if you don't win the buck stops with you and if you coach even freakin' Little League you are going to be criticized fairly and unfairly for every decision before, during, and after a game.

So is Dan being "unfairly" criticla of Buzz? ABSOLUTELY NOT. There's plenty of empirical data to prove the poor job performance. Unfortunate that Wellman doesn't schedule mis-season employee reviews isn't it?

My response is simple: go get'em Dan. Dan's not being "personal". He's being coldly analytical and factual and evaluating the performance of a COACH. Any Coach knows if you don't win the buck stops with you and if you coach even freakin' Little League you are going to be criticized fairly and unfairly for every decision before, during, and after a game.

So is Dan being "unfairly" criticla of Buzz? ABSOLUTELY NOT. There's plenty of empirical data to prove the poor job performance. Unfortunate that Wellman doesn't schedule mis-season employee reviews isn't it?

If anything, Dan has probably given more benefit of the doubt than he deserves.

Somebody give me a press pass. I have some numbers that I would like for Mr. [Redacted] to explain on camera.

Somebody give me a press pass. I have some numbers that I would like for Mr. [Redacted] to explain on camera.

You can have mine for the next gig...no shit, Larry. There you'll be in all your righteous granduer in front of God and the world.

You wouldn't say a GD thing you fkin pussy.

You can have mine for the next gig...no shit, Larry. There you'll be in all your righteous granduer in front of God and the world.

How funny would it be if Lectro had a press pass?:eek:

Although a lot of his sycophantic posts would make sense.

Do you really have one? And if so, I would indeed like to use it for Wednesday's game.

I have been against the Buzz hire from the beginning, but his only error (albeit a big one) was to accept a bigger salary and a more prestigious job. He probably thought that he could be successful on some level (I expect most coaches to believe in themsleves). I don't really hold it against him. I think the only person who would be worth asking these questions is Wellman, and I don't think you will have an opportunity to ask him much.

Bzz and Dan deserve each other. They are both giant losers.

At least Bzz doesnt bleed crisco.

Dan is an old school beat writer. He's no loser. I think his blog is infinitely more interesting than the Journal articles. And if your job is to write about a team that looks like it has given up then what exactly do you say twice a week?

He could start talking about the great minor league baseball parks he has visited in the past and fill us in on his summer vacation plans...

Yeah, Dan's job sucks hard right now. It is hard enough to watch our team...can't imagine having to write about them.

I have been against the Buzz hire from the beginning, but his only error (albeit a big one) was to accept a bigger salary and a more prestigious job. He probably thought that he could be successful on some level (I expect most coaches to believe in themsleves). I don't really hold it against him. I think the only person who would be worth asking these questions is Wellman, and I don't think you will have an opportunity to ask him much.

I don't think asking Mr. [Redacted] to give out reasons on why he believes the Wake Forest fanbase should continue to believe in him would be an unfair question. I would preface that with his record at Wake Forest, of course.

But that isn't something personal against him at all, it would be a question about his abilities as a coach. That's fair game.

Agreed that his phone never should have rang (rung?), but the guy has made quite a few errors since starting the gig. Just a disastrous situation at this point.

The one issue with Wellman is this - I think he could fire Bzz at the end of the season, and people won't hold it against him that much, and will cite all he has done for WFU athletics, etc., etc., etc., and the same people who lauded him for firing Dino (myself included), would again champion the fact that he makes decisive, big decisions that are not always conventional.

On the other hand, if he sticks with Bzz for another season, and even with the "strong class" coming in nothing really changes, Wellman puts himself in real danger of going down with the ship. The bottom will have been hit, and there will be little (in my opinion) that Wellman could do at that point to save himself.

Self-preservation is typically the biggest motivator in situations like this.

It's problematic for Bzz. He has to love the money but hate the gig. This is why Mick Jagger has had to beg Keith to hit the road for the last 30 years.

Just watched the video in the op. I can't stand the way he (bzzzzz) talks. Makes me wanna punch him in his face. How can u inspire a team when u sound like fn Ben Stein..... "Bueller..Bueller".

Back