• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Dan Collins Getting Too Personal With Buzz?

This is pretty telling to me:

Travis McKie’s response:

“I don’t know how to answer that. It’s a combination of a lot of things. He wants us to play defense the same way and we haven’t been doing it. It’s just some of the stuff we have to learn and pick up on. We haven’t done it yet. We have a young team. We make defensive mistakes, but that’s basketball. Everybody makes mistakes in this game and we just haven’t covered it up yet. We go on scoring droughts and teams do shoot well against us. That’s something we’ve got to take pride in defensively.’‘

Sounds like Travis is biting his tongue with the first couple of sentences...he really wants to tell Bzzz to go eff himself

I think it is interesting that he addresses him as "Jeff."

This is pretty telling to me:

Travis McKie’s response:

“I don’t know how to answer that. It’s a combination of a lot of things. He wants us to play defense the same way and we haven’t been doing it. It’s just some of the stuff we have to learn and pick up on. We haven’t done it yet. We have a young team. We make defensive mistakes, but that’s basketball. Everybody makes mistakes in this game and we just haven’t covered it up yet. We go on scoring droughts and teams do shoot well against us. That’s something we’ve got to take pride in defensively.’‘

Sounds like Travis is biting his tongue with the first couple of sentences...he really wants to tell Bzzz to go eff himself

I think you're sort of reading what you want to read. I've read that a couple times and, taken without context (facial expressions, voice, body language), it's hard to make the assumption that Travis is biting his tongue. He could have been completely genuine when he said those things. On paper though, it's impossible to tell.

I think you're sort of reading what you want to read. I've read that a couple times and, taken without context (facial expressions, voice, body language), it's hard to make the assumption that Travis is biting his tongue. He could have been completely genuine when he said those things. On paper though, it's impossible to tell.

I agree. No need to try to read between the lines of every player/coach quote to prove a point about [Redacted]. The meat of that quote is that 50 games in the players aren't doing what [Redacted] wants them to do. It's obvious to us, to the players, to the coaches, and to the media (aka Dan).

The proof is on the court.

Call me crazy... but under the right circumstances, I think McKie could be every bit of the player J-Ho was @ Wake. Plus, I think he has a really, really solid head on his shoulders.

I'm proud Travis is a Deac. I really hope he regains his confidence & provides some hope for the team.

Call me crazy... but under the right circumstances, I think McKie could be every bit of the player J-Ho was @ Wake. Plus, I think he has a really, really solid head on his shoulders.

I'm proud Travis is a Deac. I really hope he regains his confidence & provides some hope for the team.

Different animal. But I like Travis. And just to add fuel to the fire... Josh had Skip coaching him up.

Somebody give me a press pass. I have some numbers that I would like for Mr. [Redacted] to explain on camera.

You can have mine for the next gig...no shit, Larry. There you'll be in all your righteous granduer in front of God and the world.

You wouldn't say a GD thing you fkin pussy.

Do you really have one? And if so, I would indeed like to use it for Wednesday's game.

Soooo... you changed your mind about giving me one? Or you never really had one in the first place? Or what?

This. Travis has a ton of ability, and the mindset/work ethic to succeed at this (and possibly the next) level. His strengths are not as evident as they would be on a stronger team where he 1) wasn't a primary scoring option on offense and 2) wasn't trying to patch holes in our weak ass front line defensively

Travis has so much potential it's ridiculous.

Back