• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time to retire the motorcycle into ?

Is it time to retire the motorcycle during the starting line up?

• Yes

Votes: 77 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sorta serious question -- with this work on a parquet floor?
Yes. The floor is close to uniform enough that it would work pretty seamlessly most likely. The companies (Quince Imaging most commonly) are experts at these custom projection systems so they'd be able to figure out a solution even if it were a small issue.

I like the human sacrifice and hostage video ideas. Put this guy in marketing!

There has to be enough tech savvy on campus to create a Jeff Dobbs landing in a helicopter hologram. That, my friends, would be special.

i answered "no", but my real feelings are more nuanced than that. Last time I went to a live game, which was in the Era of Unwiped Ass, it was just pitiful to see this big motorcycle/flashy lights/loud music/hype thing playing to 10s of depressed fans. And that was before Manning took our attendance numbers out behind the barn and shot them. I personally think we should dial it back especially for meaningless nonconference games and dial it back up once our attendance numbers return to the point that there's enough people in the building to actually make noise after the motorcycle leaves.

But I think it is ultimately worth preserving. It pisses off K, which is enough of a reason, but it is also a unique thing that only Wake Forest does and a tie back to when we had a good team.

i answered "no", but my real feelings are more nuanced than that. Last time I went to a live game, which was in the Era of Unwiped Ass, it was just pitiful to see this big motorcycle/flashy lights/loud music/hype thing playing to 10s of depressed fans. And that was before Manning took our attendance numbers out behind the barn and shot them. I personally think we should dial it back especially for meaningless nonconference games and dial it back up once our attendance numbers return to the point that there's enough people in the building to actually make noise after the motorcycle leaves.

But I think it is ultimately worth preserving. It pisses off K, which is enough of a reason, but it is also a unique thing that only Wake Forest does and a tie back to when we had a good team.

This is the correct answer! This and get rid of those stupid blow up things that look like they belong on a used car lot...

Welcome to the Jungle was released in 1987.

Harley-Davidson motorcycles are the most Boomer thing in the world.

How about this. Get rid of it if we can come up with something that is unique and enduring?

Whether people like it or not, it's usually included in our SC highlights for our home games.

How about this. Get rid of it if we can come up with something that is unique and enduring?

Whether people like it or not, it's usually included in our SC highlights for our home games.

So what ? Also included in those highlights: the other team dunking, hitting wide open 3-pointers, and winning by 15 points.

The motorcycle is already unique and enduring.

Whatever the fate of the motorcycle, it's last act should be to roll coal on the Duke bench.

If the Joel is jamming again then by all means let it roll.

But if there's ten people there it's just embarrassing.

Never retire it while playing duke.

I haven't been to a Wake bball game in years because I live 8 hours away but do we do an intro hype video of Wake's best players in big moments? Kind of like some of those videos the AD has released after Forbes was named HC. Do a more elaborate version of those plus a a great narration over top of it. I love the projection idea combined with this. Come up with one other cool idea and that would do it.

Both those references are 15 years old.

The correct answer is riding a Hoverboard to Lizzo

Given that we haven't had a program in 10 years, that would make them only 5 years behind the times. For NC, that's being trendy.

Back