• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Melissa Harris Perry still on the faculty at Wake Forest?

The link works fine for me, but it's a SATIRE site. So either Goolsbyrules is dumb as shit (most obvious answer) or he's posting it to troll us (and it's working way too well for a seemingly educated audience).

Definitely the first one.

But I'd like president hatch to comment on Goolsby's intelligence first.

Way more disappointed that LK fell for it. Come on man.

The embarrassing thing is I found the quote elsewhere from a group of people who also fell for it, and I fell for it too since it was a degree removed from the original "story.". Never actually saw the original link to the satire site. I whiffed on that one.

we need to wait for the facts to come out

Remind me again where the "it seems we have been taken by a hoax" comes from. I know it was an rj quote but I forget the particulars

I need to know how someone could not realize this is satire. Like seriously. The first thing I noticed was the banner at the top with the attributed quote to Casey Anthony.

I need to know how someone could not realize this is satire. Like seriously. The first thing I noticed was the banner at the top with the attributed quote to Casey Anthony.

People believe what they want to believe.

This goes a long way to explaining how some people I know regurgitate stories that are clearly garbage and have used those garbage stories to inform their political opinion.

That is one of the reasons why good satire is so powerful -- confirmation bias.

The best satire resembles reality but simply exaggerates the satiree's departure from the mainstream. Reading the link, the point of departure from reality became greater as the article went along, but I didn't think it was very far at the start.

People believe what they want to believe.

The best satire resembles reality but simply exaggerates the satiree's departure from the mainstream. Reading the link, the point of departure from reality became greater as the article went along, but I didn't think it was very far at the start.

Really? It's plausible to you that MSNBC has a PhD level news anchor with a white mother who would refer to George Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic" and to black police officers as "white African Americans?" You really think she's that stupid?

Really? It's plausible to you that MSNBC has a PhD level news anchor with a white mother who would refer to George Zimmerman as a "white Hispanic" and to black police officers as "white African Americans?" You really think she's that stupid?

I believe several national news agencies referred to Zimmerman as "white Hispanic", a term I'd never even heard before then.

White Hispanic is a census term. It shouldn't be controversial. Alex Rodriguez is white Hispanic. David Ortiz is black Hispanic.

Back