• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is piece of shit buzz finally gone?

I don't think he could come back from this barring an ACCT title.

The meltdown when Buzz is retained is going to be so epic.

It is unimaginable at this point. I say that because it will take an ACC Title to bring him back now, and I simply can't imagine this team doing that.

Ed Cooley will get Battle to come to Providence less than 3 seconds after Bz is canned.

My first thought on his eventual location as well, I just don't know their asst. coach status. But that is clearly the clubhouse favorite, especially considering that his son is off in college now, so Coach B has no "strong" ties to the area at this point.

Until Wellman gives him a vote of confidence, I'm not holding my breath.

Who is Wellman's boss?

I hope he or she gives Wellman a vote of confidence also very shortly.

You know he's going to tank the coaching hire to prove the BZ wasn't that bad.

Devin is in a free fall. This thing is done. We may not win another game.

What have we learned from this mess? It can always, always get worse. We think the fork is stuck and that we've hit bottom, but who knows?

I think he's gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wellman didn't fuck us over once more.

Wellman will play the scorned lover and hire someone out of spite. I really want him gone before he appoints Ricky Peral head coach and walks off to his NCAA gig.

Tonight was just sad, on so many levels. More empty seats than occupied ones, no passion anywhere - not on the court, not on the sidelines, nor in the crowd. Went with a buddy who brought his wife and daughter; they bought tickets in advance because his wife wouldn't let him scalp. He told me he was glad he did, because there weren't any scalpers out there - they didn't even care.

My wife remarked on the way out that it's hard to believe that this was the same place that hosted so many memorable, historic games and wins.

Screw you, Wellman. Screw you.

Even Coffee Deac, who typically just tells everyone he's a huge fan in South Texas, has come to the dark side

Chad Coffindaffer ‏@Coffee_Deac 1h
@TieDyeNation @WakeRivals the football program made a change, time for the basketball program to do the same! #theaWAKEning #BuzzOut

Can I get a follow?

Buzz is beyond shame, but Devin should really be ashamed of himself. What a piss poor representative of Wake Forest...

Devin's just not good enough for us to ignore his passive-aggressive bullshit. That's just reality.

What have we learned from this mess? It can always, always get worse. We think the fork is stuck and that we've hit bottom, but who knows?

I think he's gone, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wellman didn't fuck us over once more.

Solid point.

I have to believe this is the rock bottom we've all been looking for for the past four years. Forget the overall record, which is indicative of nothing beyond creative scheduling on Wellman's part. We've lost five in a row. We're 4-8 in the league. Of our six remaining games, three are un-winnable (MD, UNC, Duke) and three could go either way (Clem, BC, Mia). Even if we win all three of the toss-ups, we finish 7-11 and will at best, lose in the second round of the ACCT.

This is rock bottom, isn't it? Isn't it?

Back