• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Summer overrated?

?

• Yes, Summer is overrated

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • No, Summer is properly rated

Votes: 61 58.1%
  • No, Summer is underrated

Votes: 19 18.1%

• Total voters
This. Summer in Seattle is very underrated. Summer in New Orleans is extremely overrated.

i think for people who don't live in the pacific nw, this might be true (of their opinions of pacnw summers)... but for people who live here, summer is pretttyyyy highly anticipated. i'd say it's appropriately rated.

I'd say overrated. Peeps out there talk about how awesome summer is for 10 months and then it's nice for 2. Don't seem to realize nice weather exists for log periods of time elsewhere.

The "stop wasting my time" tag is great.

I COME TO THE PIT TO GET SHIT DONE, NOT TO WASTE MY TIME TAKING POLLS ABOUT THE WEATHER. STOP WASTING MY TIME.

although now i have spinal tap stuck in my head

Stop wasting my time
You know what I want
You know what I need
Or maybe you don't
Do I have to come right flat out and tell you everything?
Gimme some money!

The weather here today was underrated, feels like early Fall in the A. Just glorious

We basically have perpetual Spring here by the beach.

There is just something about summer -- about the long nights at picnic tables, with pints of cold lagers in your hands; about sweating into t-shirts, only to change into singlets for evening double headers or lounging on rocking chairs; a reduction in responsibilities, enough to forget your stress, and sup a couple of whiskeys on the porch. My summers aren't what they used to be in North Carolina, but there is no better moment for reminisces or beers than a hot summer night under a ceiling fan and a full moon.

Longer days alone make summer at the very least properly rated.

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D7021A32-38BB-4E09-89DE-C040E09CA14E-138-0000007149AA16DF_15a19ff1816.1.3.mp4?versionId=XSh wTjBO0WnLMidK01g2UNlrhEkMc5cZ[/video]

interesting thread. compared to Fall, summer is overrated. But compared to other things in life, summer is properly rated.

If you're out of school, summer is definitely overrated. It's hot as shit every day, thunderstorms all the time, cutting the grass every week, no football, no basketball. Give me Fall or Spring any day of the week.

The proper ranking of seasons can vary by locale. However, in NC, the proper ranking of seasons is as follows:

Fall
Spring
Summer
Winter

You could talk me into switching Spring and Summer around, but Fall is definitely the best and Winter is definitely the worst.

if we're going to talk about overrated seasons, Spring is at the top of the list

The proper ranking of seasons can vary by locale. However, in NC, the proper ranking of seasons is as follows:

Fall
Spring
Summer
Winter

You could talk me into switching Spring and Summer around, but Fall is definitely the best and Winter is definitely the worst.

I can get down on this list.

Back