• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There Any Doubt Okla St Will Be #2?

It would definitely be different if it were a playoff rematch, because then Bama themselves would EARN their way to a rematch. Not just handed a rematch after losing to LSU the once.

Exactly. They have been basically handed a rematch after a pathetic showing on their home field. Hopefully enough voters are disgusted enough with the CBS / ESPN SEC lovefest and will give someone else a shot. I just can't believe EVERYBODY ELSE also blew their chances.

Shot, if OSU didn't win yersterday, who know if VT wouldn't have won.

If you change history for one team why not others?

Shot, if OSU didn't win yersterday, who know if VT wouldn't have won.

If you change history for one team why not others?

Ok. So let's say OSU had lost and VT had won, are you are you would have picked VT to play LSU?

Exactly. They have been basically handed a rematch after a pathetic showing on their home field. Hopefully enough voters are disgusted enough with the CBS / ESPN SEC lovefest and will give someone else a shot. I just can't believe EVERYBODY ELSE also blew their chances.

You do realize that SEC teams have defeated the best non SEC team for 5 consecutive years in the BCSNCG, thus there may be a little justification for the said SEC lovefest?

That being said, put me on the OSU bandwagon for this game. The NCAA thumps it's chest all the time about how special it's regular season is and that every game matters. While I believe Bama IS the second best team, they already had their chance...at home...to beat LSU.

Bama proponents say that the LSU OT loss trumps that of the ISU road loss...but no one talks about the other 11 games in which OSU's resume is more impressive than Bama's. And given the fact that ISU occurred less than one day after a tragic plane crash at OSU, some latitude has to be taken in forgiving it.

Ok. So let's say OSU had lost and VT had won, are you are you would have picked VT to play LSU?

Sure, they would have been Top 5 and won a BCS conference.

That's mre deserving than a team lost at home and didn't even play for its conference championship.

Sure, they would have been Top 5 and won a BCS conference.

That's mre deserving than a team lost at home and didn't even play for its conference championship.

ok, fair enough. and if the two events were not cosmically related, and the VT result had held while OSU had lost...then what?

LOL at the Sagarin ratings. Oklahoma (9-3) who looked like absolute garbage last night is #4. Texas A&M at 6-6 is apparently the #13 team in the country.

I know some people laugh at using the "eye test" to rank teams, but I'll take an eye test over a computer if that's the best the computer can do.

edit: link to sagarin ratings:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

ok, fair enough. and if the two events were not cosmically related, and the VT result had held while OSU had lost...then what?

Yo uare asking me about something that would be comsically changed.

I'd probably say Oregon would deserve another shot at LSU. They had some injuries the first time

At least they won a BCS confernece championship.

Lol at all the people saying it's a travesty if Alabama gets to go to the BCS title game while simultaneously supporting a team that lost to Iowa State. Iowa fucking State! How is that not a travesty?

I have no interest in seeing LSU and Bama again. Bama has demonstrated that it can't score against LSU and LSU has demonstrated that it can't score against Bama. My wild ass guess is that Okie State would get stomped in the 2nd half but at least it's a new team.

LOL at the Sagarin ratings. Oklahoma (9-3) who looked like absolute garbage last night is #4. Texas A&M at 6-6 is apparently the #13 team in the country.

I know some people laugh at using the "eye test" to rank teams, but I'll take an eye test over a computer if that's the best the computer can do.

edit: link to sagarin ratings:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm?loc=interstitialskip

Yeah Sagarin annoys me

Who do you prefer instead of Sagarin? Biggest problem with the computer rankings is that they don't release their algorithms to be scrutinized. Under BCS rules, they don't have to. The system is made to intentionally obscure so entities like ESPN can have their way by hyping whoever htey want.

I wonder what goes on behind the scenes on a day like today. You have to think coaches, administrators, voters are putting in calls to lobby for their case or check what others are thinking before turning their vote in.

Who do you prefer instead of Sagarin? Biggest problem with the computer rankings is that they don't release their algorithms to be scrutinized. Under BCS rules, they don't have to. The system is made to intentionally obscure so entities like ESPN can have their way by hyping whoever htey want.

A playoff.

:D

Lol at all the people saying it's a travesty if Alabama gets to go to the BCS title game while simultaneously supporting a team that lost to Iowa State. Iowa fucking State! How is that not a travesty?

Partially because it happened on a short week on the road less than 24 hours after a enormous tragedy in their athletic department. Any reasonable mind should be able to understand their mental focus was not completely on that game at the time.

If Alabama beats LSU in a close game, what does it prove? Who is better? Each team would be 1-1 against the other.

Question: is it better for Wake if Alabama plays LSU again? I'm assuming that the Big 12 champ ok st then goes to the fiesta (is that accurate?) Which means the fiesta won't pick k st with the last at large, increasing the chance that vt will instead be picked for the fiesta, sending wake to Nashville?

A playoff.

:D

Well, obviously :D

I'm just curious as to what people think of the other computer rankings besides Sagarin. Unfortunately, I don't know how anyone could choose between them because the methodologies aren't released.

Something else to ponder...

One side note – if you’re wondering why nearly every voice at ESPN is united in proposing the single argument that there IS no argument on who should be playing LSU… If you’re wondering how a network that usually encourages us to debate every possible nuance of CFB has now for two weeks been unified in selling us a single message, I remind you of this little ditty:

The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network recently paid $2.25 billion, that’s with a B, for broadcasting rights to the SEC for 15 years…AND ESPN now owns the broadcasting rights for our sports’ BCS Championship game as well.

Yes, ESPN has its fingers in nearly every conference, but nothing to the scale it has invested with the SEC. That’s a lot of motivation to support the LSU/Bama brands…in a neck-and-neck situation, especially. Somebody bang a gavel and keep it in the family.

Far from perfect but I would rather see Stanford v LSU in one bowl game with Alabama v Ok St in another. Then the winners play each other. Basically a plus one.

Back