• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There Any Doubt Okla St Will Be #2?

Actually, if they rematch Bama, and beat them, and OSU beats whoever they play, then the argument will never end. We will say LSU is better than Bama which we already knew, and maybe, probably better than OSU, but we never found out because we rematched instead.

If that happens LSU will be the clear national champion. Oklahoma State lost to IOWA FUCKING STATE.

Just went back looking over the season and the most points LSU gave up was 27 to Oregon. Next best was 21 by WVU. Funny to me that the two biggest successes against LSU came from non-SEC teams.

Just went back looking over the season and the most points LSU gave up was 27 to Oregon. Next best was 21 by WVU. Funny to me that the two biggest successes against LSU came from non-SEC teams.

Did either of those teams take LSU to overtime?

Come on bro.

If that happens LSU will be the clear national champion. Oklahoma State lost to IOWA FUCKING STATE.

Not that i'm trying to defend the Iowa State loss, but the "It's Iowa Fucking State!" stuff is kind of dumb. Iowa State would slot right into the SEC this year. The SEC just wasn't that good.

Did either of those teams take LSU to overtime?

Come on bro.

Of course not. But the prehistoric offenses of the SEC were routinely stymied against LSU. Teams with competent offensive coordinators didn't have nearly as much trouble.

Because Alabama apparently stayed ahead of them in Sagarin + Wolfe, calculating the Coaches poll, Oklahoma State now needs to apparently PASS Alabama in the Harris poll by 5 or more votes to get to #2 in the BCS.

Apparently Alabama had 42/59 second place votes in the coaches poll and all of the 3rd place votes, though some are saying OSU didn't get all 17 of the remaining second place votes.

EDIT: some people who have done the math say OSU apparently got 17 2nd place votes, 35 3rd place votes, and 7 4th place votes.

I'm hoping for a tie. That would be hilarious.

Of course not. But the prehistoric offenses of the SEC were routinely stymied against LSU. Teams with competent offensive coordinators didn't have nearly as much trouble.

Not that i'm trying to defend the Iowa State loss, but the "It's Iowa Fucking State!" stuff is kind of dumb. Iowa State would slot right into the SEC this year. The SEC just wasn't that good.

Texas, come on. Iowa State is a medicore team in the Big 12/10/9/, whatever its called now. This season they would be no better than Tennessee in the SEC. Which means they would suck.

Also prehistoric offenses? Get the fuck out. Just because SEC teams don't throw the ball 60 times a game, doesn't make them prehistoric. Any team with decent enough corners (i.e. good SEC teams) can shut that shit down.

Harris Poll will be released around 2ish.

:eek:hnoes:

Because Alabama apparently stayed ahead of them in Sagarin + Wolfe, calculating the Coaches poll, Oklahoma State now needs to apparently PASS Alabama in the Harris poll by 5 or more votes to get to #2 in the BCS.

Massey is out. Bama is now number 2 in 3 out of the 6 computers.

Massey Link

There is a case to be made for voting Stanford ahead of Oklahoma State. Similar shit non-conference schedules and Stanford's loss was to Oregon. I can't remember whot he Pokes lost to....

Oh wait, it was IOWA FUCKING STATE

It's not that the SEC just wasn't that good. It's that apart from LSU and Bama, the SEC flat out sucked this year. Don't tell that to SEC lovers, though.

I think LSU has proved their worth from their OOC schedule. Bama not so much. Bama's best "win" was their loss to LSU.

It's not that the SEC just wasn't that good. It's that apart from LSU and Bama, the SEC flat out sucked this year. Don't tell that to SEC lovers, though.

I think LSU has proved their worth from their OOC schedule. Bama not so much. Bama's best "win" was their loss to LSU.

Yeah b/c crushing a Top 10 team at home is a terrible win.

You're all a bunch of HADERS

Harris Poll will be released around 2ish.

Read that the final Harris Poll wasn't released at normal time last year, but instead after the BCS ranking were. Apparently they're supposed to do the same this year.

My fear is Bama's computer rating goes up a little b/c LSU won big. I cannot believe it looks like Bama is going to get to play LSU, again................:tard:

There is a case to be made for voting Stanford ahead of Oklahoma State. Similar shit non-conference schedules and Stanford's loss was to Oregon. I can't remember whot he Pokes lost to....

Oh wait, it was IOWA FUCKING STATE
How about looking at wins instead of losses? The Pac 10 sucked this year. Stanford played one quality team in Oregon and was destroyed.

Back