• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is There Any Doubt Okla St Will Be #2?

Texas, come on. Iowa State is a medicore team in the Big 12/10/9/, whatever its called now. This season they would be no better than Tennessee in the SEC. Which means they would suck.

Also prehistoric offenses? Get the fuck out. Just because SEC teams don't throw the ball 60 times a game, doesn't make them prehistoric. Any team with decent enough corners (i.e. good SEC teams) can shut that shit down.

:eek:hnoes:

Seriously, Iowa State faced a pretty tough schedule and came out 6-6. I think you're getting too caught up in the name on the jersey.

Dude, SEC offenses pale in comparison to the Big 12. Hell, Baylor could have walked into the SEC this year and had the best offense. It's not just about corner play - it's scheme and quarterback play. The SEC doesn't really have either. Aaron Murray? I'm not impressed.

And the SEC has good corners? As a Houston Texans fan, i'm still fuming over that piece of shit Kareem Jackson that Alabama gave us. BOOOOOOOooo. :rulz:

Alabama losing to Vanderbilt (who would probably be favored over Iowa State on a neutral field) would be the same as Oklahoma State losing to Iowa State.

Who the hell didn't vote OSU 2nd/3rd?

A bunch of SEC coaches.

This is so weak......I ask again......if this exact same scenario played out, same schedules ans everything but the Bama and LSU teams were from another conference wouldbthis even be a discussion? No chance.....it would be OSU all the way before they gave a rematch. And this is why Michigan didn't get a rematch in 2007 or 2008.....whenever they were ranked 2 but got jumped.

OSU lost the day after they had a campus tragedy...a second such tragedy....plus Bama hgas ALREADY LOST TO LSU AT HOME....

They don't deserve another shot....

Over the OU you saw last night, absolutely. Fucking Duke was better than the OU last night. USC is, much like Arkansas, the K-State of their league.

USC on a neutral field right now is favored over every Big12 team except OSU, so I'm not sure how that counts as beating no one.

The only thing that would make me happy with a rematch would be Bama winning. Then they would be national champs after losing to LSU at home, and not playing in or winning their conference. That would be awesome how furious LSU would be

Big 12 defenses make Big 12 offenses look good.
and SEC offenses make SEC defenses look good.

Look, there is no question that LSU and Bama have stellar defenses. No question at all. However, if you are coaching in the BXII, you have to recruit and gameplan for spread and hurry-up, pass-happy offenses. If LSU or Bama were in the BXII or the SEC overnight went to a bunch of spread offenses, you would see different schemes and LSU and Bama wouldn't look so great week after week. There would be weeks where they get blown up defensively and don't look so hot. That's the nature of the BXII. To go through an entire season and look dominating defensively every week is damn near impossible.

A bunch of SEC coaches.

This is so weak......I ask again......if this exact same scenario played out, same schedules ans everything but the Bama and LSU teams were from another conference wouldbthis even be a discussion? No chance.....it would be OSU all the way before they gave a rematch. And this is why Michigan didn't get a rematch in 2007 or 2008.....whenever they were ranked 2 but got jumped.
I completely agree with you that the SEC gets to play with a different set of rules. It is pretty interesting to have a similar scenario to 2006 with the SEC on the opposite side of the argument and to win out both times.

Can anyone do a poll for who should be No. 2, Okla St, Bama or someone else? Stanford, Oregon, maybe?

USC on a neutral field right now is favored over every Big12 team except OSU, so I'm not sure how that counts as beating no one.
and I'm sure that has nothing to do with how OU looked last night or USC steamrolling a bunch of pussies in the Pac 10.

OU finished 4th in the Big XII. How do you think USC would fare?

For the record, for those saying losing to Iowa State is irrelevant, no national championship winning team has EVER, in the history of CFB, lost to a team which finished .500 or sub .500.

Back