• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is there anyone that is not BuzzOut?

You can get in for free against Seton Hall if you bring a toy or some food...saw a promo on WGHP for that.

Free tickets and Dollar Dogs. That's about where we are right now. At least the toy drive is a good cause.

I'm not pro-Buzz or pro-Wellman at this point, but Wellman's job is beyond safe with Hatch and BOT, and Wellman is not firing Buzz this year. There are zero signs that Wellman's support of Buzz has waned. At minimum Buzz is getting 4 total years and 2 with this freshman class. We've just got to live with it until after that. If any of us will have any basketball fan life left, of course.

You can get in for free against Seton Hall if you bring a toy or some food...saw a promo on WGHP for that.

I don't mean to be nasty or anything, but in the past that promotion was used for some no name low major opponent. Now we're using it for our marquee OOC match-up.

Free tickets and Dollar Dogs. That's about where we are right now. At least the toy drive is a good cause.

I'm not pro-Buzz or pro-Wellman at this point, but Wellman's job is beyond safe with Hatch and BOT, and Wellman is not firing Buzz this year. There are zero signs that Wellman's support of Buzz has waned. At minimum Buzz is getting 4 total years and 2 with this freshman class. We've just got to live with it until after that. If any of us will have any basketball fan life left, of course.

Remarkably, this is accurate. Wake sports out of pocket losses since the Gaudio firing have to just be eye-searingly bad. To some degree, you have to ride the rollercoaster all the way to the bottom, to shame Wellman into a more transparent process next time. He'll have zero capital left if/when Buzz gets another year.

I don't think we win 13 games so it won't take a new AD

I think you heard 13 games not because it is a standard but because Wellman thought he'd easily get 13 wins. Many posters agreed. Wellman set a low bar that will move if necessary.

I think you heard 13 games not because it is a standard but because Wellman thought he'd easily get 13 wins. Many posters agreed. Wellman set a low bar that will move if necessary.

I asked what needs to happen to get rid of the guy and the response was he needed to win 13 games to stay.

And I'm explaining what I think that means. I think it's comical to think Wellman actually has a set number Bz has to reach or that 13 wins is a decent standard for any Wake coach.

I'll put it like this. This board was almost completely BuzzOut before the season started and 70% of people in the poll thought he'd get more than 13 wins.

Last edited:
13 is ridiculous if that is the standard. I predicted 15, but thought that if Bzzz got us to 18 wins, I would not argue with him being given a 4th year.

Hard to see 10 more wins on the schedule.

Come on, give the man a chance to get his players and his system in place. Say two more years. Then, and only then, when he will have totally cratered a once proud program beyond any hope of redemption, will it be time to look elsewhere.

Remarkably, this is accurate. Wake sports out of pocket losses since the Gaudio firing have to just be eye-searingly bad. To some degree, you have to ride the rollercoaster all the way to the bottom, to shame Wellman into a more transparent process next time. He'll have zero capital left if/when Buzz gets another year.

I estimate over a million dollars a year in basketball revenue. Probably closer to $1.5M.

The scout board is just mind numbingly bad right now. There are plenty still left there that pretend to "not be bzzz out" but can't handle even the slightest argument about him sucking. Demun, 81, and braces seem to be in some sort of fucked up competition about who can find the biggest scapegoat not named bzzzz for where our program currently is. 81 is convinced its the fans fault. Demun thinks its the media. Braces sucks at the competition because apparently everyone is doing a bang up job and we don't suck everyone else is just better right now. I'm sure naz is chomping at the bit from the sidelines to get right in there and suck bzzzz's nob too

At least NazT is getting paid to be sunshine. Deman, 81, and Braces have no excuse.

How about dropping off a toy and/or food, declining the free ticket, and drive back home?

Reactions: DG3
They judge things like we just have to play inter-squad games. They have a hard time understanding we have to play other teams as well.

Given the way this year is likely to end up, I don't even want to try to imagine what next year will be like if Bzzz is back. It could REALLY get ugly.

I get the feeling the few remaining Bzin folks are doing their best to pin the majority of this debacle on CJ/Travis. I'm not falling for it.

Yeah I think we're going to see them walk the tightrope of blaming our only experienced players and blaming youth.

Buzz won't survive this year if the results are pitiful. The boosters won't have it.

Then comes blaming the assistant coaches. And the fans. All things are possible in Bzzland.

Back