• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this a bad birthday gift for my wife?

If you're going to go with a smaller training package and getting a second gift, I would consider something not fitness related for the second gift in case the workout stuff doesn't go over well. Hedge your bets.

I'll agree with the other ladies that a year might be too much, but since it sounds like she has talked about this a bunch, I think you have a better than average chance of being safe doing the trainer thing.

And I like lbE's suggestion about a giftcard to lululemon or something for cute workout clothes. Athleta is another place with pretty exercise gear. Or if you paired with some sparkly jewelry it's even less likely to backfire. ;)

If you're going to go with a smaller training package and getting a second gift, I would consider something not fitness related for the second gift in case the workout stuff doesn't go over well. Hedge your bets.

i personally like the idea of doing something that all ties together. a good pair of running shoes with the gift card for the training package stuffed inside, or a cute outfit with the gift card stuffed in the pocket or something. :noidea:

i personally like the idea of doing something that all ties together. a good pair of running shoes with the gift card for the training package stuffed inside, or a cute outfit with the gift card stuffed in the pocket or something. :noidea:

i like this idea a lot too! "gift basket" type gifts with a lot of little stuff are my favorite gifts usually.

you know your wife better than a bunch of random people on these boards. if she is not ultra-sensitive I say go for it. the thought will be appreciated.

Even if there is a 95% chance it will go over well, why risk it?

vagisil.jpg

This would be a bad birthday gift.

the girls on the thread say yes.
the guys on the thread say no.

Since men are generally smarter than women, this should be an easy decision.

Aside from pissing her off for the gift itself, buying a full year is a stupid idea.

I personally wouldn't love the gift, just because I would rather get something "fun". If it's something your wife would enjoy and you are more the practical gift type of couple, then go for it.

I think we need more/bigger pics of wife in order to make an informed decision.

Back