• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is this accurate?

Anybody notice a pattern here?

AFvNP.png

dIGby.png

An 18 point loss was "very, very good."

So, buck up, a 23 point loss at home is only very good.

In plenty of mediocre years we would have been pleased keeping it under twenty with the first place team in the league. Just because it isn't duke or Carolina doesn't mean we have lowered expectations.

We aren't great, and FSU is going to be a tough matchup. They whooped Carolina the other day, remember?

When you take out the [Redacted]-coached games, we have lost 6 games by 20 or more points in the Joel. Five of those six teams were in the top 5, and the other was in the top 10 (#8 dook, who went on to the national title game, in 1990).

So no, there are not plenty of instances when we would have been pleased keeping it within 20 to a 13-6 team that's lost to two Ivy Leaguers already this year.

P.S. Tonight was [Redacted]'s sixth 20-point loss in the Joel. Only took him one and two-thirds season to match the total from the previous 20 years.

Last edited:
When you take out the [Redacted]-coached games, we have lost 6 games by 20 or more points in the Joel. Five of those six teams were in the top 5, and the other was in the top 10 (#8 dook, who went on to the national title game, in 1990).

So no, there are not plenty of instances when we would have been pleased keeping it within 20 to a 13-6 team that's lost to two Ivy Leaguers already this year.

images

wow. I am completely blown away by this....and how bzzz has changed our "culture" of hoops.

P.S. Tonight was [Redacted]'s sixth 20-point loss in the Joel. Only took him one and two-thirds season to match the total from the previous 20 years.

hahahahaha. It's just so fucking ruthlessly absurd now.

I can't wait to see the Buzz-whatevertheycallthemselvesers defend this statistic.

Also, I'm stealing that statistic and posting it on Twitter and Facebook. DEAL WITH IT

I have gained over 10 followers since I tweeted that statistic from OGB. I pledge to give 1% of my internet tweet dollars to him. Serious Business.

this is such a crippling/staggering/damning statistic....talent level, youth, ACC competition, and culture have all varied over that 20 year span, and somehow every other coach has seemed to avoid these types of ass-whippings

Far from a Bzz-whatever, but why is this such a surprising statistic?

The overall talent level was never this poor under GDO, Skip, or Dino.

Hell... Odom's first team which finished dead last in the ACC would drag this team up and down the floor for 40 minutes. And that team had Derrick McQueen, Anthony Tucker, Stan King, and Robert Siler.

Looks like a Buzz-defender argument to me, DeaconBrad. I went ahead and labeled it for you. You're welcome.

Anybody notice a pattern here?

AFvNP.png

dIGby.png

Someone was arguing with me the other day that we have turned a corner and the horrific losses are just outliers in our march forward. I continue to argue that the decent wins are far more of an outlier than the horrific losses.

Looks like a Buzz-defender argument to me, DeaconBrad. I went ahead and labeled it for you. You're welcome.

LOL. Good to know that anyone who dares to question the party line talking points of the basketball braintrust over here is labeled a "Bzz-defender".

Whatever happened to discussing Wake Forest Athletics, Freely?

such a depressing statistic.

i have seen a number of people talking about dealing with the hand we have been dealt. that implies there is not much you can do other than "take it." i don't buy it. having less talent than in seasons past or losing kids from the team (any and all reasons) does not absolve the coaches for the results that come in. the results have been terrible and the bad losses have become the norm and the explanations (excuses) become more common and harder to justify.

LOL. Good to know that anyone who dares to question the party line talking points of the basketball braintrust over here is labeled a "Bzz-defender".

Whatever happened to discussing Wake Forest Athletics, Freely?

Did I stop you from making your point?

Back