• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

like, imagine being so fucking smug and condescending and your information comes from the literal IDF and a bunch of Twitter accounts that you didn't know existed until you wanted to shit on a guy who is worried about his kid's in-laws

like, imagine being so fucking smug and condescending and your information comes from the literal IDF and a bunch of Twitter accounts that you didn't know existed until you wanted to shit on a guy who is worried about his kid's in-laws
To be fair though, the President of the United States is parroting the same Mossad talking points.

To be fair though, the President of the United States is parroting the same Mossad talking points.
I damn near lost my shit when he said that the IDF was taking incubators to the hospital yesterday.

And it’s made doubly insane because Israel doesn’t give two shits about Joe. They’re happy he’s covering for them and selling them arms but they’d be just as happy with Trump.

Also to be fair people more than rightly so shit on pops because he has horrible takes until something happen to become personal to him, which is a horrible way to go through life and an example of something that is pretty prevalent in American society and more so for conservatives.

Also to be fair people more than rightly so shit on pops because he has horrible takes until something happen to become personal to him, which is a horrible way to go through life and an example of something that is pretty prevalent in American society and more so for conservatives.
I’d flip that on its head and say that for some people politics isn’t the guy on the paper at the polls or on CNN, it’s what hits your front door. Question the intelligence of these gas prices, genocide, or gay marriage single issue voters all you want, see how many votes your sanctimony gets you.

I’m not running for office so I don’t know what votes I’m looking for so I feel fine questioning the motivations of say not voting for Biden and letting Trump win because you are mad at Biden for insert random cause that will be made significantly worse by Trump being in office (except gas prices because the economy will probably tank)

And it’s made doubly insane because Israel doesn’t give two shits about Joe. They’re happy he’s covering for them and selling them arms but they’d be just as happy with Trump.
I'd argue he'd be much happier with Trump. Remember, Netanyahu hasn't just gone hard right in Israel, he was an absolute asshole to Obama, hugged the Republicans tightly, and was criticized for making Israel a partisan issue when it had always been bipartisan in the past. (Dem politicians have kindly chosen to forget all that recently.)

Last edited:
Yeah normally I say "well (insert country here's) right wing isn't remotely close to the US GOP" but pretty sure that's not true at all for Israel who has their own MAGA type of right wing force driving policy. I may be off base though.

I'd argue he'd be much happier with Trump. Remember, he hasn't just gone hard right in Israel, he was an absolute asshole to Obama, hugged the Republicans tightly, and was criticized for making Israel a partisan issue when it had always been bipartisan in the past. (Dem politicians have kindly chosen to forget all that recently.)
Yes. And a lot of Dems have forgotten that too when they act surprised that progressives aren't lining up in support of Israel.
Yeah normally I say "well (insert country here's) right wing isn't remotely close to the US GOP" but pretty sure that's not true at all for Israel who has their own MAGA type of right wing force driving policy. I may be off base though.
Right. The Israeli government seems way more closer to MAGA allied governments like Russia and Hungary than people want to admit. That's why Biden should have blamed Netanyahu for this crisis and developed a strategy that allowed Israelis to get him out of office so the US can work with the replacement.

Last edited:
Yes. And a lot of Dems have forgotten that too when they act surprised that progressives aren't lining up in support of Israel.

Right. The Israeli government seems way more closer in MAGA allied governments like Russia and Hungary than people want to admit. That's why Biden should have blamed Netanyahu for this crisis and developed a strategy that allowed Israelis to get him out of office so the US can work with the replacement.
People that pay attention to Israeli society and politics, though, have known this for a very long time. The problem with our punditry right now is that they don't actually pay attention to any of that shit.

I'm really sad about this whole situation guys. There's just no way out and I think the IDF will finally get the opportunity to finish the genocide it's been working on for the better part of a decade

To the cheers of many Americans.

You know LG, I’m going to respond despite my better judgement. I know nothing about you but I do know me. “Horrible way to go through life”? Now that takes balls. You will never meet someone more grateful with the life he’s been granted and is happier in his space than I. Great family, great friends; all I owe big time in helping me with the challenges we all face in this life. As far as my “takes” I’ll own them, all of them. Some I regret but most I stand behind. I was under the assumption that while you can disagree, everyone here can have a say. Yes, the Palestinian plight is personal to me and becomes more dire as I’m told by my son of the fear and helplessness he, his spouse, his children and her family are experiencing each day. My only suggestion is if you find any of my takes so “horrible” you should simply put me on ignore. Your call. I can guarantee you I have more coming.

Last edited:
I would only ask that, going forward, DeacsPop be more ideologically considerate of the global leftists who are fighting for Palestinians survival and liberation. It’s not a coincidence that it’s leftists and radicals who are fighting for the survival and liberation of your Palestinian family, while mainstream practical Democrats and Republicans are…well, you see what they are doing. This isn’t a contradiction of values.

I would only ask that, going forward, DeacsPop be more ideologically considerate of the global leftists who are fighting for Palestinians survival and liberation. It’s not a coincidence that it’s leftists and radicals who are fighting for the survival and liberation of your Palestinian family, while mainstream practical Democrats and Republicans are…well, you see what they are doing. This isn’t a contradiction of values.
I hear you MDM; and appreciate what you are saying. I never wanted to come across as inconsiderate to others viewpoints While this is personal to me and not just political, I know many who call themselves Pubs or Dems who are equally critical of Israeli actions and US policy. This is a “one size fits all” nightmare for those who know this a global tragedy. Unfortunately our Administration and the World hear none of us.

Father of injured American teen in Gaza calls on Biden to do more to protect US citizens

His daughter celebrated her 17th birthday from her hospital bed in Al Quds, in Gaza City. Shortly after that, Israel’s military closed in on central Gaza. The hospital has since ceased to function as a medical center and has lost nearly all communication to the outside world.

Karam Abuolba has only had sporadic communication with his daughter since then.

Abuolba, who has lived in the US since 2007, said he thought the United States should do more to protect American citizens in Gaza like his daughter. “I pay taxes for the United States of America to support Israel to shoot and to bomb my wife and daughter? This is, it’s not fair,” he said.

“I need the president, I need Mr. Blinken to listen to this message. We are US citizens. We are loyal to this country,” he said. “We are not asking for anything big. Send the Red Cross. Send them to support the US citizens.”

Imagine not only your children being over there among the bombing, but knowing one of them had been seriously injured, and had to flee the hospital because it was not safe from attack.

Back