• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Attacked and its Response

At least part of it is that there would be no way for Egypt to assure that Hamas, who Egypt has a long standing issue with, would not be coming over among the rest of the Palestinian refugees. There is also a bigger political issue that they fear right of return may be denied and that they would be stuck with over a million refugees. And Europe has already been flooded with Muslim refugees and seems to have had their fill.
Turkey, Jordan, and Iran are already the top three countries housing refugees in the world.

Jordan already hosts over 2 million Palestinian refugees and over 700,000 Syrians, Iraqis, and others.

just trying to keep things straight:
1. Israel is defending itself.
2. Hamas was unprovoked
3. Israel has legitimate strategic reasons to kill civilians when Hamas members are nearby. This is not a war crime.
4. Hamas has no excuses to kill Israeli civilians, even during a firefight with IDF.
5. Israel has legitimate military excuses to torture Gazans to death
6. Hamas are barbaric animals to torture Israeli citizens.
7. Hamas has no legitimacy as a government because they don’t believe in Israel’s right to exist as a dominant Jewish ethnostate
8. Israel most definitely believes in Palestine’s right to exist…
9. Hamas are terrorists for regularly firing rockets at Israel and destroying their property.
10. Israel is empowered to fire upon Gaza/West Bank civilian targets whenever they choose.
11. Palestinians are not allowed to enter settlement territory.
12. There are no repercussions for destroying Palestinian homes and enlarging the settlements beyond the territory borders of the 1967 six-day war.

Do I have all that right?

You know, based on all this evidence, I think if Hamas acknowledged the right of Israel to exist, like the PLO did, everything would be fine.

They could try returning the fucking hostages as a start.

The citizens of Gaza elected a terrorist organization that promised to take back Israel by force and free them from Israeli suppression, and that group just happens to be opportunistic terrorists being funded by oil rich, Jew hating Iran.

The citizens of Gaza elected a terrorist organization that promised to take back Israel by force and free them from Israeli suppression, and that group just happens to be opportunistic terrorists being funded by oil rich, Jew hating Iran.
Ah yes, the citizens of Gaza. Half of whom weren't even alive in 2006.

Hey don’t question me since the last day or so I don’t know what I’m saying I’m just quoting historical MDMH.

They could try returning the fucking hostages as a start.
NBC reporter in the last couple of hours received a phone call from a Hamas "senior official". He was told Hamas would release all the civilian hostages within an hour if Israel would cease bombing Gaza. He asked the Hamas rep. why they just didn't release them. The rep. said they couldn't do it safely bc of all the bombing. The reporter basically told him that isn't true. The Hamas rep. then got a bit huffy and asked if the reporter was negotiating. The rep. then just concluded if the bombing stops then within an hour they'll let all the civilians hostages go. They won't let Israeli soliders go unless all Palestinians held by Israel are exchanged.

I recommend "The Arabs: A History" by Eugene Rogan if you want a readable history lesson on the Middle East and northern Africa since around the 17th century onward. Does a great job to explain the history of colonialism and then nationalism across the region and how those factors influence current events and relationships between countries.

Really enjoying these paid advertisements I’m getting on my Twitter feed from Israel describing the deaths of their civilians. This is an extremely fucked new extension of capitalism.

The back and forth blame game between Hamas and the IDF re: hospital is sad but totally expected I guess

Really enjoying these paid advertisements I’m getting on my Twitter feed from Israel describing the deaths of their civilians. This is an extremely fucked new extension of capitalism.
It was super jarring when I realized they were paid ads.

Today I learned that my grad student’s sister’s mother in law is one of the Americans stuck in Gaza. She went to Gaza to serve in a doctors without borders type of organization and arrived the day before the Hamas attack. She was evacuated to southern Gaza and is sleeping at a UN run school in a car just a few miles from the border with Egypt. They were told to stay in their cars so as to leave in a moments notice if the border crossing is opened. She has reported that about 10000 people are there with her trying to get out and they are all sharing one single spigot of fresh water from a well. She waits in line for hours to fill up her bottle each day.

The Health Ministry General and doctors from the Al Ahli Hospital filmed a press announcement surrounded by a pile of dead bodies and 2 (presumably) fathers holding their dead children, so that’s something that happened that I saw.

Back