• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Israel Shared Intel with US Congressmen

tumblr_mbp4mrNZ7e1r2o3ceo2_1280.jpg

Look who is undercutting US foreign policy again....

"Boehner's visit during the final days of negotiations with Iran gives Netanyahu a high-profile opportunity to lobby against the deal. Instead of trying to prevent a deal from happening, he has focused his efforts on specific details, pushing to limit Iran's nuclear infrastructure, number of centrifuges, and advanced research capability if a deal is reached.

Earlier in the week, Netanyahu met with Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky), who promised to cooperate with Netanyahu regardless of the outcome of the negotiations.

Boehner and the Prime Minister's Office have been very tight-lipped about the House Speaker's plans while in Israel, but Boehner also has a meeting scheduled with Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon before he returns to the United States."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/01/politics/john-boehner-benjamin-netanyahu-israel/index.html

Last edited:
I would wholeheartedly say the same thing if this had been Pelosi and Reid while Bush was president (and if they did this same thing I likely wasn't even old enough to remember or comment on it hah) but this is damn close to treason. Cooperating with a foreign leader on an issue regardless of what the president negotiates on the matter? Damn close to treason.

I would wholeheartedly say the same thing if this had been Pelosi and Reid while Bush was president (and if they did this same thing I likely wasn't even old enough to remember or comment on it hah) but this is damn close to treason. Cooperating with a foreign leader on an issue regardless of what the president negotiates on the matter? Damn close to treason.

How is this anywhere close to treason? Not that I disagree concerning the propriety of the whole thing, but what part of receiving intelligence gathered from the United States by a friendly government constitutes levying war against the United States or giving aid and comfort to their enemies?

Pelosi undermined the Bush administration by visiting Assad, and that wasn't really even close to treason either. At least you could make the argument that he was an enemy. Pretty tough to characterize a major non-NATO ally as such, though.

Agree with numbers that I would be equally pissed off if Pelosi and Reid where doing this to Bush. Hosting the PM of another country on the Senate floor behind the President's back, travelling to meet with that PM on the day of nuclear negotiations behind the President's back, and saying you will do his bidding no matter what the outcome of the negotiations is behind the President's back? That's not exactly the same as exchanging intelligence. I'm sure China and Russia are secretly loving John and Mitch's behavior, France, Germany, and the UK, not so much.

Depends on the definition of "enemy" and the context. If Obama reaches an agreement with Iran and decides to get approval for it (or not since the executive is in charge of conducting foreign policy) and Mitch is going to continue to work with Israel at all costs on the nuclear issue regardless of American policy on the matter then how the hell would that not at the least be within the realm of treason?

This doesn't even include the fact that they're intentionally undermining Obamas foreign policy.

Back