• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It Must be Asked

Cuse isn't a great offensive team by any means. I think we'll lose, but it won't be a blowout. Their zone and length will be really tough though. I'll go:

Cuse - 66
Wake - 55

Miami was in two very close games in the last 4 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if we do the same, but they have the ability to turn it on in crunch time.

We will have to shoot the ball very, very good to have any chance. I do think it will be a game though.

I hope we get annihilated because Buzz is on the verge of staying employed. It fucking destroys me when we win. That's how bad it has gotten.

Biggest game for Wake since Kentucky in 2010 in the NCAAT.

Wake has a legitimate chance to beat Syracuse. I could see an upset. It will be close for a lot of the game.

ETA: KP has Syracuse 69-61

Last edited:
We're gonna need to hit threes and move the ball against that zone, but a win isn't out of the realm of possibility.

All the intangibles are with us: They were in Miami Friday and Saturday, here Tuesday and Wednesday. Sitting in a hotel or riding in a bus waiting for a 9:00 game. Thinking about the Duke game Saturday.

All the tangibles are with them: They play a great zone and we can't shoot. They are a good rebounding team, especially on offense. Their assist to turnover ratio is the best in the conference. Their coach is a hall of famer.

I like the intangibles.

The Syracuse zone and the ND zone are two entirely different things. We are not going to get the same looks we did yesterday.

Great spot for WF. Cuse plays Duke on Saturday; that game will be hyped and Cuse fans have been talking about playing Duke sine Cuse joined the ACC. Also, Cuse played at Miami on Saturday; so, this is their second straight road game. Probably the most favorable scheduling spot for any Cuse opponent all year. Not saying WF will win, but this looks like a situation where Cuse won't have its A game.

Anyone who thinks Cuse will put up 90 has no idea what they're talking about. They may beat us badly, but they haven't scored more than 72 points in any other ACC game. They play one of the slowest-paced games in all of college basketball.

I think our defense keeps us in it, and if Travis gets hot from the perimeter, the sky's the limit. It has the potential to be a really, really close game.

Biggest problem I see is our propensity to turn the ball over, paired with their length/athleticism. That could be a nightmare if we're not careful.

I think it will be something like 70-60 Cuse. It's going to be a slow paced game.

Back