• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's good to be "Johnny Football"

I have no problem with the gestures, celebration, and what not on the field, but he and his family seem to openly disdain TAMU and the TAMU coaches, and I think that's a problem. Of course, it's hard to blame them, both his head coach and his QB coach* got million dollar raises out of TAMU's success last season, and the University/AD has pretty openly exploited his fame and success.

*Texas Tech signed Kingsbury to a 5 year $2.1M / year contract, which is just nuts for someone with all of 3-4 years of full time coaching experience.

I should neg rep you into oblivion. How fucking dare you.

ivMru5L6c4NTr.gif

He might be a huge punk, but the kid can play quarterback at the college level. Not a perfect comparison, but has a little bit of the undersized Russell Jesus Obama Wilson "It" factor.

sure. But a much better college QB than Russell. Probably faster/shiftier too.

I should neg rep you into oblivion. How fucking dare you.

I like him and think he will probably be good, but why give him $9M guaranteed to take his dream job when he's making $300-400k as a coordinator?

Yeah, it pains me to say that I'd rather have Hatch and pride in my school than that douchebag.

I disagree. Give me that douche, Sumlin, Jonathon Football and a bunch of wins. I would happily trade that for Hatch, the shit show that is our athletic department, our "culture" and all of my pride.

So the cover of Time features a Johnny Football ass shot, flanked by two leads about the potential War in Syria?

Thanks for coming out Time Magazine.

Back