• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's good to be "Johnny Football"

So if you don't like Manzel, you're old and crusty and establishment.

If you like him, you're young, hip, and edgy.

Absolutely stunning that this is the narrative being pushed here.

So if you don't like Manzel, you're old and crusty and establishment.

If you like him, you're young, hip, and edgy.

Absolutely stunning that this is the narrative being pushed here.

Pretty much.

In all seriousness, I see it more as people who see sports as entertainment vs. people who see sports as having some higher meaning about character building etc.

Pretty much.

In all seriousness, I see it more as people who see sports as entertainment vs. people who see sports as having some higher meaning about character building etc.

Well I think it can be about both, especially at the college level. Appropriate amount of swagger can be entertaining, but this guy comes across as a grade A douche. Nothing entertaining about that.

Well I think it can be about both, especially at the college level. Appropriate amount of swagger can be entertaining, but this guy comes across as a grade A douche. Nothing entertaining about that.

But Uncle Nate is cool, right?

I don't mind taunting on the field as long as you get hit witha penalty for excessive behavior.

I do not like him disrespecting his coach. If I were the coach, I'd bench him.

Correct. So Ryan Leaf with better relative production (?) and a less pro-ready body.

It is probably a draw. Leaf put up some great passing numbers his final year. I think he threw for almost 4000 yards and well over 30 TD passes. He also took a team to a conference championship for the first time in over 60 years.

I don't like Manziel but I do like someone trolling the fuck out of the NCAA

I don't like Manziel but I do like someone trolling the fuck out of the NCAA

This. And the NCAA has so much power that the only student-athlete who is going to troll them is a grade A douche with nothing to lose.

This. And the NCAA has so much power that the only student-athlete who is going to troll them is a grade A douche with nothing to lose.

right, it almost had to be a rich brat with financial security

I guess it's not the same, but Boyd did the same cash money hand gesture after a TD. No one mentioned that about him.

I heard it discussed this morning that Manziel did the cash money celebration last season as well, fwiw.

He might be a huge punk, but the kid can play quarterback at the college level. Not a perfect comparison, but has a little bit of the undersized Russell Jesus Obama Wilson "It" factor.

He might be a huge punk, but the kid can play quarterback at the college level. Not a perfect comparison, but has a little bit of the undersized Russell Jesus Obama Wilson "It" factor.

Probably the best comparison.

I heard it discussed this morning that Manziel did the cash money celebration last season as well, fwiw.

I have no problem with the gestures, celebration, and what not on the field, but he and his family seem to openly disdain TAMU and the TAMU coaches, and I think that's a problem. Of course, it's hard to blame them, both his head coach and his QB coach* got million dollar raises out of TAMU's success last season, and the University/AD has pretty openly exploited his fame and success.

*Texas Tech signed Kingsbury to a 5 year $2.1M / year contract, which is just nuts for someone with all of 3-4 years of full time coaching experience.

Pretty sure lots of the TAMU players do the cash money thing. It's pretty dumb, but I guess that's their thing

Back