• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

This would put a lot of pressure on Dono Mitchell and Melo to produce likely before they are ready. I don't like the prospect of playing any two of our traditional bigs together. I guess the most likely scenario is going very small.

Yeah. Childress, Crawford, Woods, Chaundee, and a big.

Needless to say, we are much better off if Mitchell and Melo can play the 4.

Let's just wait until it's announced until we freak out, I'm hearing that this may not be true. I'll update if/when I hear anything else.

I chalk a lot of Dinos' inconsistencies up to his radical change in stature. He has been working on and improving every part of his game but his shooting and I thought it showed. I was really looking forward to seeing him put it all together for his senior year, so I selfishly hope this isn't true.

Last edited:
Let's just wait until it's announced until we freak out, I'm hearing that this may not be true. I'll update if/when I hear anything else.
"Hearing" meaning what you're reading on the Internet or your #bytheway sources?

If JC had come back, I might could see thinking it wasn't a big loss, but with JC not coming back losing Dinos is big.

guys i read on the internet that this may not be true #soss

Really makes me question the quality of Greek professional hoops if true.

Would be a big loss in terms of experience and his ability to stretch the court (at least in non-conf play), but I'm hard pressed to think of a less athletic player in Wake hoops history. The guy played in concrete boots that kept him from getting any lift and had him running at crippled grandpa speed down the court. I would rather see some younger blood get some experience before they might be ready, frankly, even if it sets us back this year.

People here are really underestimating Dinos. I don't think he's the best player in the world by any stretch, but losing him for this year without a doubt makes us worse, and we are already close to the NCAA bubble line based on our schedule.

People here are really underestimating Dinos. I don't think he's the best player in the world by any stretch, but losing him for this year without a doubt makes us worse, and we are already close to the NCAA bubble line based on our schedule.

It's always good news when your top three in minutes at the big spots leave in one offseason.

We certainly wouldn't miss his shooting. So what are we relying on him for? His rebounding? Post defense? I'm waiting.

We certainly wouldn't miss his shooting. So what are we relying on him for? His rebounding? Post defense? I'm waiting.

Certainly rebounding, certainly defense, post shooting.

He is a pretty good rebounder.

Dinos is a key player for this upcoming year.

We'll see. I think Sam will be the best post player on the team this year. Dinos or not.

We'll see. I think Sam will be the best post player on the team this year. Dinos or not.

Cool, that's fine, they play different positions.

Even if Dinos was a sub-par player, who is starting at the 4 if he is gone?

The true freshman or the guy who played 10 minutes total last year as a freshman?

Back