• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

Manning is completely changing Dinos's game. He is making him a player more suitable to the pro game; but Dinos needs another year under DM and of ACC competition. It would be better for him and for us if he returns, IMO.

Now the kid from W&M becomes a real priority. Or go for the ultimate upgrade and somehow convince Bagley to reclassify and be a Deac. He wouldn't have to share the spotlight, could play 35 mpg and could be in a great position to be the #1 pick.

A wild question- Could Hoard reclassify? Has he taken SATs?
jesus christ, rj

Now the kid from W&M becomes a real priority. Or go for the ultimate upgrade and somehow convince Bagley to reclassify and be a Deac. He wouldn't have to share the spotlight, could play 35 mpg and could be in a great position to be the #1 pick.

A wild question- Could Hoard reclassify? Has he taken SATs?

1. Dinos isn't leaving according to the staff.
2. There's no way in hell we land Bagley
3. Hoard could possibly reclassify, but I highly doubt it.

Reactions: Ayo

Great analysis. Good thing you took this post seriously.

Regardless of what you think of Dinos (I love him, FWIW), having to replace his 24.6 minutes per game at the 4/5 this late in the year is not ideal.

Add in the losses of JC (26.6 mpg), Arians (22.8 mpg), and McClinton (7.1 mpg), and you have 81.1 mpg (of a potential 120) from the 3/4/5 positions that would be gone.

Maybe I'm weird, but that concerns me given:
Moore played 8.3 mpg last year and looked absolutely lost at the end of the year
SJM played 4.1 mpg last year
Mitchell played 7 minutes and Washington played 17 minutes TOTAL last year
Sarr, Melo, and Brown are all Freshman

Those are a lot of question marks for 120 potential minutes per game.

I'll just choose to believe Dinos is coming back.

Dinos just making sure we're all properly appreciating him. Mission accomplished, for most people anyway.

What happens if the Greek team ups the offer?

You need to have a backup plan just in case. As far as we knew, Dinos wasn't even thinking about leaving a few days ago. Things change. You have to be ready.

Of course Bagley is a total pipedream. Isn't that what the internet is about?

Really wish we had some Bahamas games to look forward to in August this season. I liked being able to see the team that early on via the YouTube last year. Those games made it obvious that Arians and Woods were players, which got me excited for the season.

Seeing Moore/SJM/Sarr/Melo/Brown/Mitchell/Washington actually play would help me prepare for 2017-18, I think. Would at least give an idea of how Manning plans to play everyone this season.

Completely random thoughts, I know.

Heard Dinos was spotted driving around Mykanos on a brand new moped with DM44 stitched into the seat.

Dinos has a good 3pt shot. It fell off this past season but that may be b/c as suggested above he had to stress other nonshooting aspects of his game. If he gets back to shooting now, he could be a lot stronger than last season.

Dinos is a better rebounder than he is being given credit for. Slightly over 6 per game all games and just under six for conference games. With the 10 per game Collins was getting, that didn't leave many for him.

And yes, his game was being rebuilt. He came to Wake as a three point set shooter. He has added a lot of inside game particularly last year.

@Les_Johns

Wake staff has reached out to Dinos Mitoglou, who assured them he's coming back in a couple weeks & there's no truth to reports otherwise.

Pretty clear that the WF coaching staff thinks Dinos to Greek Pro Basketball would be a big loss.

With JC gone, among the WF big men, Dinos is the most difficult offensive match up because he does have the ability to change games with the 3 point shot, and he can also post up. When Dinos is on the perimeter, he does open the floor for Crawford and others to drive to the basket. No other WF big has that ability.

Guys if we get better players they will leave early. We have not had quality players for a number of years and did not have to worry about them leaving. Hopefully, things are changing and we will be better on the court and some of our players will leave before they have played 4 years-- just the way things are with better programs-- I, for one, am ready for that worry instead of worrying if we will win 10 games. Looked at the clip posted on the Skip Prosser 10 year anniversary of his death-- had a team with Eric Williams, Tarron Downey, Justin Gray, CP3, Jamal Levy. What a team! Lets return to those days!

It feels like some people on here are only able to see the difference between a LeBron James and a Dinos. No he's not the best at anything in the world, but if you don't think Dinos is an integral part of next year's team, arguably the 2nd most important player behind B Craw, then we are just going to have to agree to severely disagree. You don't have to shoot %40+ from 3 to be useful on an ACC caliber team. You don't have to get 15 boards per game. You don't have to block 8 shots. You don't have to be a lock down defender. You can simply be balanced, and that's what Dinos is. This isn't the NBA. Some of the things I'm reading here really remind me of the "Ish isn't an ACC caliber PG" because he couldn't do EVERYTHING well. Players grow. It's ok to simply be balanced in all things or exceptional at 1 at the college level.

Last edited:
I would not be shocked at all to see Dinos be 12.5/8 this year.

Greek teams do make silly offers. Hopefully that won't happen, but Plan B needs to exist.

I could see this whole thing having come from Dinos stopping by the team practice facility to see friends/acquaintances from his days playing with the junior team and National team. Then I'd bet somebody just half kiddingly tossed out the idea of a contract offer - "you come play for us this year. We'll make you rich." Before the internet it would have been some guys kidding around. In the twitter age, it now becomes "an offer."

I would not be shocked at all to see Dinos be 12.5/8 this year.

Greek teams do make silly offers. Hopefully that won't happen, but Plan B needs to exist.

Somebody, or preferably several somebodies on the Wake team are going to have to step up the scoring big time. JC and Arians point production needs to be replaced. Dinos could easily add 5 pts per game to his scoring average.

I could see this whole thing having come from Dinos stopping by the team practice facility to see friends/acquaintances from his days playing with the junior team and National team. Then I'd bet somebody just half kiddingly tossed out the idea of a contract offer - "you come play for us this year. We'll make you rich." Before the internet it would have been some guys kidding around. In the twitter age, it now becomes "an offer."

I hope you are right. Somehow I fear there is more to it than that, however.

Back