• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

Great negotiation tactic by Dino's agent to have him turn down the Greek offer. Forces the Greek's to up the ante.

Dinos has a good 3pt shot. It fell off this past season but that may be b/c as suggested above he had to stress other nonshooting aspects of his game. If he gets back to shooting now, he could be a lot stronger than last season.

It didn't fall off. It actually improved, from 31% to 33%. Again, those numbers are as high as they are because he has one or two ridiculous games a year where he's like 7/10.

Yeah, those games still count.

Which is why I gave the full statistic rather than deducting those games from the calculation. But on the other side, he shot in the 20's without those games. So for the vast majority of the season, he is a below 30% 3 point shooter, and takes a fair number of them.

Does anyone have any impressions at all on the fake Donovan Mitchell's game? He didn't transfer, which is likely an indication that either he actually expects to play at some point, or doesn't care much either way and is here for the free ride. The team plays pickup during the summer that someone on campus should have seen, right? Does he hold his own or hang with the walkons? Is there any chance he sees legit minutes this season?

He was a .385 shooter from three as a freshman. His body makeover impacted his three point shooting.

He was a .385 shooter from three as a freshman. His body makeover impacted his three point shooting.

I think stationing him in the post more often and practicing that so much had a bigger impact than adding strength did.

Also going from 38% to 33% means, he missed ONE more shot per about 20 taken. Last year, he took 2.6 threes/game. This would mean he would miss one extra shot every eight games.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of RJ, I wouldn't expect Mitchell to be here all four years.

NBA ?!?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of RJ, I wouldn't expect Mitchell to be here all four years.

NBA ?!?

What I don't like is bringing up players leaving who haven't done anything wrong.

Would you like a legal blog to be asking should you be allowed to stay in your position? Plus these are 18-22 yo kids not adults.

Big difference between advocating someone's forced removal and speculating they might leave to get more playing time somewhere else.

Big difference between advocating someone's forced removal and speculating they might leave to get more playing time somewhere else.

It's exactly the same thing. You may not like saying it is, but posts like that make the person less intense, angry and insulted unnecessarily.

How would you like if it was your kid being told to leave by a bunch of yahoos who have no clue what is going on?

This is big boy basketball.

History tells anyone paying attention that there is a reasonable likelihood that, on the ACC level, a player getting little or no playing time may transfer (not 100% of the time, but more often than not, we can give multiple WF examples over the last 5 years; there is a multi-page thread on this board identifying more than two dozen ACC transfers after this past season). Everyone knows this, from the player, the coaches, the player's family to the fans. The essential purpose of this Board is talk WF sports. So, any player in that position is fair game to raise the possibility of a transfer (same for a football QB not getting snaps; WF has had a ton of those transfer too). If transfer speculation hurts a current player's feelings, he shouldn't have signed on to play ACC basketball. Go play the Big South, Big West or some other place where no one GAF.

Great. Now we have to watch him get beat due to lack of foot speed and commit stupid fouls for another year.

I guess he provides size to a team that lost JC

It's exactly the same thing. You may not like saying it is, but posts like that make the person less intense, angry and insulted unnecessarily.

How would you like if it was your kid being told to leave by a bunch of yahoos who have no clue what is going on?

To be clear, I'm doing neither. But there is a very obvious difference. In the second scenario, you could actually be a fan of the player, and want him to stay, but speculate he might leave because he's not getting a lot of minutes. Not sure how that would be insulting.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Mitchell. He looked very athletic in the limited minutes he got, and has great size. I feel the opposite about Washington. He was smaller than expected and unless he's a serious sharp shooter I don't think he ever gets meaningful playing time.

RJ, it's a dumb thing to get your dander up about, and as has been shown, pretty much impossible not to be hypocrtical about regardless of how you try to parse it.

Let it go.

Dinos being used to get clicks in Greece shows how big he is there. :)

13, I'm not talking about any specific player. We shouldn't talk about any player until he starts discussing it.

Fake news

Big boy basketball

Pipe dreams

Duke style 16 year olds re-classifying

Greeks

This thread almost has it all...

Dino's is not a superstar by any stretch, but he is a very important part of this team and I for one am glad he appears to be staying.

wakelaw13 said:
I'm cautiously optimistic about Mitchell. He looked very athletic in the limited minutes he got, and has great size. I feel the opposite about Washington. He was smaller than expected and unless he's a serious sharp shooter I don't think he ever gets meaningful playing time.

I think the exact opposite of the two players mentioned as far as playing time and impact go.

Back