• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

Haven't we been saying, with applause, that Manning wants to run a pg three wings and a big.

Cool, that's fine, they play different positions.

Even if Dinos was a sub-par player, who is starting at the 4 if he is gone?

The true freshman or the guy who played 10 minutes total last year as a freshman?

Does Manning himself have any eligibility left?

Haven't we been saying, with applause, that Manning wants to run a pg three wings and a big.

What does that lineup look like?

Bryant
Chill/Mitch
Woods
Brown
SJM

While that may work for spurts, we can't run that in the ACC for 40 minutes.

Yeah but we dont have the ideal roster for that this year. All of our proven wings are under 6'5. If we had Hoard and/or Mucius then it'd be a different story but we dont.

Cool, that's fine, they play different positions.

Even if Dinos was a sub-par player, who is starting at the 4 if he is gone?

The true freshman or the guy who played 10 minutes total last year as a freshman?

Does Trent Van Horn have any eligibility left?

Chaundee is 6-5. I can't see him playing the 4.

Yeah, the PG/3 wings/C doesn't work at all with the personnel we have right now.

Washington is 6-6
Mitchell and Melo are both listed at 6-8

Realistically, the latter two guys would have to play the majority of the minutes at the 4 if Dinos leaves.

People here are really underestimating Dinos. I don't think he's the best player in the world by any stretch, but losing him for this year without a doubt makes us worse, and we are already close to the NCAA bubble line based on our schedule.

Makes us worse short term, better long term, IMO. Dinos brought a lot experience to the table. For example, he knew how to defend, even if he didn't do it. He knew how to get open to shoot, even if he'd clank his shot. He knew how to post up for the rebound, even if he wouldn't get one when a 6 foot 2 inch guard would jump over him and grab it instead. That kind of experience is invaluable and can't be easily replaced with freshmen.

Should Dinos be gone, having the young guys get some run could work out in the long run. This year wasn't a big year anyways.

I don't know where the narrative came from that Dinos isn't a good rebounder. It's just flat out wrong.

We are trying to make the NCAA Tournament this year and we have a better chance to do it with Dinos on the team than without him. I think that's pretty clear.

Dinos Mitoglou reportedly close to signing contract with Greek pro team

We are trying to make the NCAA Tournament this year and we have a better chance to do it with Dinos on the team than without him. I think that's pretty clear.

This.

We finally are on the up and up as a program and it would be a shame to take a step backwards and lose our momentum that JC started. Stop kidding yourself if you are trying to be OK with rebuilding already.

Being fatally flawed by lack of big man depth would be such a shame, and maybe waste the talent of BC/Woods/Brown/Chill backcourt that has tons of promise over the next 1-2 seasons.

If Dinos is gone, Manning has to plug the hole somehow and not fall back to the bottom 1/4 of our own league. It would be a big issue.

I don't know where the narrative came from that Dinos isn't a good rebounder. It's just flat out wrong.

Agree with the latter, not the former. He had a couple games this year where he rebounded well out of the 30+ we played. That does not make him a good rebounder. He lacks the athleticism to be a consistently good rebounder.

Seriously, there's no question.

@Les_Johns

Wake staff has reached out to Dinos Mitoglou, who assured them he's coming back in a couple weeks & there's no truth to reports otherwise.

Now the kid from W&M becomes a real priority. Or go for the ultimate upgrade and somehow convince Bagley to reclassify and be a Deac. He wouldn't have to share the spotlight, could play 35 mpg and could be in a great position to be the #1 pick.

A wild question- Could Hoard reclassify? Has he taken SATs?

Back