• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

I am curious though what kind of value three years with Manning added. Were there any reports on what kind of money he was being offered prior to coming to Wake. As I recall he was in contract talks three years ago, any details on those offers?

A lot of Euro teams have "development teams" or similar things. As a young player, even if you are on the senior team, you don't play that much. I would be very surprised if Dinos was originally offered much more than 1/3 of this deal, if that.

I am interested to know how Dinos is brokering this deal. I thought the NCAA us pretty clear that you can't hire an agent. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe he doesn't have one.

He hired an agent or sources are on the Greek side and know what they plan to offer when he does.

He hired an agent or sources are on the Greek side and know what they plan to offer when he does.

Well he should communicate that clearly with our staff WTF seems like he is hanging the program out to dry.

You don't think the staff knows what is going on?

You don't think the staff knows what is going on?

Well, Wednesday Les got in contact with the staff and they said Dinos is returning so if he has agreed to terms then they obviously don't know what was going on.

Missed the last couple of pages but I thought It was reported he told the staff that all was well and he'd be at practice.

Could be wrong though

Dinos staying, European fake news, then later typical message board bickering...

Well, Wednesday Les got in contact with the staff and they said Dinos is returning so if he has agreed to terms then they obviously don't know what was going on.

I don't think the staff would report that Dinos was negotiating with a Greek team whether he was or wasn't.

Missed the last couple of pages but I thought It was reported he told the staff that all was well and he'd be at practice.

Could be wrong though

Best course of action is probably to not read the newly available information but still post a comment anyway.

It would be a nice feather in the cap of the staff to have two bigs playing pro ball in a few months.

didn't someone say Dinos had a girlfriend that was keeping him tethered to Wake? maybe they broke up.

About 4-6 months ago my friend was hitting on a girl at the bar and ended up being his girlfriend. Not sure where it went from there but he claims it ended up being an interesting night.

This is fantastic for Dinos but really, really bad for the 2017-2018 Deacs. Those around here saying we won't miss him are greatly mistaken.

Last edited:
Dinos told the staff this week that he was coming back. He obviously could have changed his mind, but Les wouldn't report something that is factually untrue, and the staff wouldn't have told Les unless Dinos told them.

Maybe he was coming back until the deal was sweetened.

Agreed. Collins rookie deal is 4/11M. 4/2M in a much lower level with I assume a lower cost of living than Atlanta is good money.

Agreed. Can't blame him for going back home and going pro!

No big deal. We can get the big guy from W&M who left Kansas.

Back