• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

It's Greek to Him: Another Dino(s) Gone After 3 Seasons, Signs With Panathinaikos

That's a decent chunk of change (if accurate). Wouldn't blame him one bit if he took it.

That's a decent chunk of change (if accurate). Wouldn't blame him one bit if he took it.

Agreed. Collins rookie deal is 4/11M. 4/2M in a much lower level with I assume a lower cost of living than Atlanta is good money.

There are a lot of former NCAA and ACC players on this roster. They are also the reigning Greek champs.

K.C. Rivers
Chris Singleton
Zach Auguste
Nick Calathes

I think Giannis' brother is on this team too.

It's definitely a lot of money, but the Greek league has paid big bucks for players for years. He should see how much he can get, and if it's a good amount -take it.

If he leaves, we could have a tough year, but you come to college to grow up and create a professional career. This would be a really good start.

If it comes to fruition then the timing of it is awful.

Means Mitchell or Eggleston will get serious minutes in all likelihood unless Sarr can play some at the 4.

#30 pick in the draft is guaranteed $2.54M over the first 2 years with team options after that.

(Yes, I realize it can range from 80% to 120% of that 2.54M number.)

But still, $2M in the bank is pretty damn solid for a player some here wouldn't consider a big loss if he left.

Could he possibly be negotiating a deal that would be for after this coming year? That sounds really idiotic to me but there's some disconnect between Dinos, the coaches, and these reporters/team

#30 pick in the draft is guaranteed $2.54M over the first 2 years with team options after that.

(Yes, I realize it can range from 80% to 120% of that 2.54M number.)

But still, $2M in the bank is pretty damn solid for a player some here wouldn't consider a big loss if he left.

Dinos is a very unlikely to be drafted at all next year in the NBA.

Could he possibly be negotiating a deal that would be for after this coming year? That sounds really idiotic to me but there's some disconnect between Dinos, the coaches, and these reporters/team

I'm pretty sure that would be against NCAA rules and something I've never heard of before.

Kind of funny that Dinos committed to Wake so late in the game (July 2014, instead of signing a pro contract as he was expected to do)...And he may leave us similarly late in the game.

Was a huge last minute get for Danny that worked out well. Now it could be a last minute loss that significantly hurts.

I'm pretty sure that would be against NCAA rules and something I've never heard of before.

Yeah it 100% sounds like it would be. That's what I'm saying there is some disconnect between the coaches and Dinos or Dinos and the Greek pro team. Something weird is going on for sure but hopefully he hasn't done what I said and be ineligible this coming year. If he was communicating with the coaches im sure they would have informed him of this but that's my concern.

The way this seems to be playing out looks like his being considered fro the national team was a surprise and a late surprise at that. Aren't all the other players left at this point pros? If so, and if there is no draft in Greece, I wouldn't be surprised if other teams haven't offered. If his rights are owned by this team, it makes sense to go after a player who has done so well this summer.

Dinos must have read this thread with so many comments about how his departure was no big loss and thought, 'fuck that'.

I doubt he would greatly increase his value in the Euroleagues by coming back to Wake for one more season. Probably wouldn't lose much either, but it is hard for me to see one more year adding a lot of value to his game in the Greek Professional market.

We definitely need Dinos next year, but that's life-changing money for almost everyone. It would be the right choice to take it.

I doubt he would greatly increase his value in the Euroleagues by coming back to Wake for one more season. Probably wouldn't lose much either, but it is hard for me to see one more year adding a lot of value to his game in the Greek Professional market.

I am curious though what kind of value three years with Manning added. Were there any reports on what kind of money he was being offered prior to coming to Wake. As I recall he was in contract talks three years ago, any details on those offers?

Back