• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

J Harris Gets The Waiver

In defense of Billings- historically Texas kids have had trouble staying the 4 years- far fewer Tanners- just my impression going way back- Harris seems to do himself no favors but he was not handled well from the beginning- more importantly- this accentuates our inability to recruit RBs. Hard to run a program without 4 or 5 creditable backs on the roster- yet we seem to be relegated to signing a lot of guys with knee injuries who others back off- with the paucity of candidates the staff still can't go out and get a high quality target- which is another knock on Lobos noffense. Who the hell can run or block in that mess he puts on the field. Say what you you will he is chiefly responsible and Grobe is ultimately responsible for the pitiful family affair that is our _ffense.

Josh Adams rushing totals dropped every year. Harris had potential. He could take it to the house on any play, but he took it to the training room more often. This will allow someone else to have a chance. Orville could always come back. It would be just another example of Grobe screwing with this kid again.

As posted above, this is common. Our RBs have not improved from their freshman to senior years. The irony of people throwing Josh Adams under the bus to laud Josh Harris was lost on too many fans.

Josh Harris tweet: "bad news spreads like wildfire? Yikes"

I should have mentioned that the '07 OL was much better than any line he would have the rest of his career. We haven't had a very good OL since. A very good OL can make an average back look good, and a good back look great.

Every freaking year we have something like this it seems. Maybe every other team has these things too, since I don't really pay that much attention to any other program as far as knowing who's ineligible and stuff. This freaking blows, I had a feeling Harris was going to have a good season, but I guess that feeling was just a bad burrito I ate or something. Way to go Josh, what a freaking waste of ability!!!!

He had a really good game in our win over FSU two years ago. It really looked like our offense was starting to click, and his injury ended that.

The guy had one good game in a blowout loss.

Three good games that season, but the other two were a weak Vandy and Presby.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...y-through?p=343321&highlight=Adams#post343321

The big irony of people trashing Adams and hyping up Harris last year. It was so thick that people didn't even realize what they were doing. Wouldn't be surprised if we see the same thing in 2 years.

Here's something people forget about Harris. This year isn't much different than last year.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/481643/year/2010/josh-harris

He had three good games in terms of yards per carry: Presby (12.3), VT (12.1), and Vandy (7.7). He had two mediocre games with 4.2 against Duke and Clemson. The rest were 3.5 or fewer. So he played well against the worst teams and had a few great runs against VT. He's got a lot of work to do to be the back people seem to think he is.

Interesting.

Twitter gives players a voice in situations in which they'd otherwise have none.

He is making it sound like we need to owe him for his services. As if he is in the NFL

Lulz. I searched for Josh Harris and twitter and got our incoming OL recruit instead.

Josh Harris and Josh Adams, if you are reading this board thanks for what you have contributed to Wake. You both deserved better.

Both these guys had great first years, so it wasnt like wake had raw talent to develop. I dont care what anyone says, this is on the coaches. Their job is to keep kids eligible. That is what they are paid to do.

I saw Harris pop two amazing runs against Va Tech, that was no fluke. It has been a long time since a running back has improved year to year at Wake. Wake has just become the fun sucker. Does anything positive happen there anymore. It is easier the overlook some things if any of the news is ever good. But these days pretty much all news from the Athletic Department sucks. This news is just one more turd on the pile that is the Wellman dynasty. Glad I took a year off my tickets and deacon club.

So thank you Josh Harris, even if you never play another down at Wake. Dont let the wellMAN get you down.

Back