• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jacob Roberts "3D" winner for ODU game

Not the 30-0 game.

D'Vontrey Richardson threw some of the other picks, Not Xavier Lee in that particular game.

Xavier Lee and current FSU trustee Drew Weatherford each threw 2 picks in the 30-0 beat down in 2006.
Over 2 games at FSU in 06 and 08 we outscored them 42-3 and had 9 interceptions. Fun times!!!!

Last edited:
Not the 30-0 game.

D'Vontrey Richardson threw some of the other picks, Not Xavier Lee in that particular game.

Xavier Lee and current FSU trustee Drew Weatherford each threw 2 picks in the 30-0 beat down in 2006.
Thanks - that's what I meant. Lee threw the picks in the 30-0 game, not the 12-3 game. I had those conflated in my head (honestly didn't remember that we had two games with an obscene number of picks).

I think I remember freshman E.J. Manuel starting against us at home due to the starter being injured....I knew we were doomed...😁

He had a great game running and passing FSU to an easy win...

I think I remember freshman E.J. Manuel starting against us at home due to the starter being injured....I knew we were doomed...😁

He had a great game running and passing FSU to an easy win...
No matter the shared good feelings here about any subject, including big wins over FSU or having the #1 baseball team in the nation, 80deacon just feels compelled to take a big steaming dump on whatever the subject is. So, yes, let's hear more about the EJ Manuel game. Sounds great.

Last edited:
Other than our tendency through the years to make freshman or backup starters shine, we've played pretty well the last 15 years vs FSU, a storied program.

They have had media hype for 2-3 years now about being on the way back. I think we have a legit shot vs them at home this year.

Last edited:
No matter the shared good feelings here about any subject, including big wins over FSU or having the #1 baseball team in the nation, 80deacon just feel compelled to take a big steaming dump on whatever the subject is. So, yes, let's hear more about the EJ Manuel game. Sounds great.
I mean, I can rehash some of the 90's games against FSU if you want. You know some of those "home games" against them in Orlando.

Do you remember a Caldwell game vs FSU @ home that was played in a downpour? I was there for the entire game....maybe 100-200 fans at the end. We played so well and it was so close for most of the game I think FSU pulled away in the 4th to win.

I saw the '73 team win 9-7. But it was our only win of the season.

In the late 90s I remember us playing well in Tallahassee, and Morgan Kane having a long run and 100+ yards rushing. FSU won but a close a game IIRC.

It wasn't until Grobe & Clawson that we could begin to beat them.

Do you remember a Caldwell game vs FSU @ home that was played in a downpour? I was there for the entire game....maybe 100-200 fans at the end. We played so well and it was so close for most of the game I think FSU pulled away in the 4th to win.

I saw the '73 team win 9-7. But it was our only win of the season.

In the late 90s I remember us playing well in Tallahassee, and Morgan Kane having a long run and 100+ yards rushing. FSU won but a close a game IIRC.

It wasn't until Grobe & Clawson that we could begin to beat them.
Yep, I remember that game most definitely.

Yeah. There were more fans in the second half than the first half because it was close. I drove over for the game like usual and none of my Triad friends came out because of the downpour. A few showed up in the 2nd half. Backup Marcus Outzen started for FSU. I remember FSU had no real offense aside from chucking up 50/50 balls. I think Wake stayed within a TD until someone muffed a punt.

Yeah. There were more fans in the second half than the first half because it was close. I drove over for the game like usual and none of my Triad friends came out because of the downpour. A few showed up in the 2nd half. Backup Marcus Outzen started for FSU. I remember FSU had no real offense aside from chucking up 50/50 balls. I think Wake stayed within a TD until someone muffed a punt.
I think maybe the year before we beat FSU in 06, the home game vs FSU kind of went the same way didn't it? We got off to a fast start against them and the game was very tight in the 4th and we muffed a punt. Seems like the player's last name was Tharpe I think?

Yeah. The 2002 and 2004 games were close. There was some momentum leading into 2006-08.

Crazy to think Wake is 7-9 since 2006 which includes FSU's best run since Bowden.

You don’t. The game when Kane had an 80 yard touchdown Wake lost 44-7.

i had to look it up but i remember thinking we had a chance in 2002 -- we were up at halftime

i had to look it up but i remember thinking we had a chance in 2002 -- we were up at halftime
That was a hugely frustrating game. Wake came out and pounded the ball down their throats the first two drives but completely ran out of gas by the second half.

I think maybe the year before we beat FSU in 06, the home game vs FSU kind of went the same way didn't it? We got off to a fast start against them and the game was very tight in the 4th and we muffed a punt. Seems like the player's last name was Tharpe I think?

Derek Tharpe

Super nice guy

Back