• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jameis Winston Redux

The reality here is Jameis is not comparable to Manziel.If F$U wins the NC and Winston has good numbers there's no way he drops out of the Top 10 (most likely not out of the Top 5). Hell if the Raiders or Tampa Bay get the #1 pick, I'd be very surprised if Winston isn't the #1 pick.

Manziel is 5'11, running QB, whom some thought was a system QB. Winston is a 6'5, classic pocket passer who can run.

This said, he is a fool.

I dunno, after seeing the choices Winston has been making over the past year or two I don't think I'd want him as the face of my franchise.

I dunno, after seeing the choices Winston has been making over the past year or two I don't think I'd want him as the face of my franchise.

Even after AC, the Ravens lobbied Goodell to keep Rice as the face of their franchise and he is over the hill.

I think this is a different NFL. It of course depends on what other talent there is at the top of this draft, but I could definitely see Lovie going with a safer pick.

Winston won't be able to run in the NFL. Slow release + slow in the head = bust

Winston won't be able to run in the NFL. Slow release + slow in the head = bust

It's probably irrational and unfounded, but when a high achieving college QB is surrounded by NFL caliber pass catchers, which I think Jameis is, I am immediately skeptical of their ability.

I have a higher opinion of Benjamin and Greene than I did last season.

It's probably irrational and unfounded, but when a high achieving college QB is surrounded by NFL caliber pass catchers, which I think Jameis is, I am immediately skeptical of their ability.

Tahj Boyd is the poster child for this theory. Tebow is also on the list.

The reality here is Jameis is not comparable to Manziel.If F$U wins the NC and Winston has good numbers there's no way he drops out of the Top 10 (most likely not out of the Top 5). Hell if the Raiders or Tampa Bay get the #1 pick, I'd be very surprised if Winston isn't the #1 pick.

Manziel is 5'11, running QB, whom some thought was a system QB. Winston is a 6'5, classic pocket passer who can run.

This said, he is a fool.

After the Jamarcus Russell fuck up, I hope the Raiders are dumb enough to draft another dumb ass as their franchise qb.

After the Jamaica Russell fuck up, I hope the Raiders are dumb enough to draft another dumb ass as their franchise qb.

The death of Al Davis has helped their drafting a little, but if FJ can throw 60 YARDS FROM HIS KNEES!!!!!1111!!! That might be too much to pass up.

No, the theory isn't unfounded. It also depends on the offense that the team runs (lots of good pro style college qbs who end up MEH, like Ken Dorsey, any Bama QB, etc).

FJ does not look nearly as good without KELVIN

and Cam now looks like a genius for throwing HIGH

Even after AC, the Ravens lobbied Goodell to keep Rice as the face of their franchise and he is over the hill.

That was Rice's first incident. Yes it was awful, but he has done tons of charity work and did anything the Ravens asked. Really think they thought, and even still think, it was really out of character for him. I believe they didn't want him to lose his career over one horrendous incident, but knew that if video came out they'd have no choice.

No, the theory isn't unfounded. It also depends on the offense that the team runs (lots of good pro style college qbs who end up MEH, like Ken Dorsey, any Bama QB, etc).

"Forget that Tennessee guy, his top five pass-catchers include 2 first-round picks, a second-rounder, and a third-rounder. This stud from Wazzu is putting up the same kind of numbers without anybody who'll even get drafted!"

"Forget that Tennessee guy, his top five pass-catchers include 2 first-round picks, a second-rounder, and a third-rounder. This stud from Wazzu is putting up the same kind of numbers without anybody who'll even get drafted!"

HEY THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS

Agree. I wouldn't want him. Too much of a risk.

He may be physically gifted, but I don't think he has the mental capacity or character to make it in the 'new' NFL

he's gotta be behind mariota and probably hundley on the draft board now, no?

Agree. I wouldn't want him. Too much of a risk.

He may be physically gifted, but I don't think he has the mental capacity or character to make it in the 'new' NFL

So like Manziel?

Manziel was/is immature. That can be fixed. Winston is stupid, and that shit stays with you.

Back