• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jared Kushner now a focus in Russia investigation

It is certainly fascinating that on one thread Sailor decries the alleged anti-intellectual nature of the left while simultaneously engaging in an assault on the credibility of the New York Times and WaPo. I would link to a site that looks at the factual nature of stories on different sites like Snopes or Politifact, but I imagine these too would be shouted down as liberal institutions that can't be trusted.

This is how Donald and the right want it - erode trust in the longstanding institutions that provides checks on autonomous power in the executive and drown out dissenting voices. It's dangerous and it's against the basic tenants upon which this county was founded on. It's bordering on fascism.

I doubt you'll call this post anything more than liberal whining because the democrats lost. But at some point policy differences take a back seat to intentional attacks on democratic norms and institutions and you just stand idly by Sailor. Quite frankly it's sad.

Yep, you know the right has won the propaganda war when even supposedly intelligent Pubs like jhmd and sailor play along.

You know it's bad when someone questions established news sources using unnamed sources (meaning people who have something to lose if people know they talked) but they believe questionable news sources using info from people we know aren't connected.

It is certainly fascinating that on one thread Sailor decries the alleged anti-intellectual nature of the left while simultaneously engaging in an assault on the credibility of the New York Times and WaPo. I would link to a site that looks at the factual nature of stories on different sites like Snopes or Politifact, but I imagine these too would be shouted down as liberal institutions that can't be trusted.

This is how Donald and the right want it - erode trust in the longstanding institutions that provides checks on autonomous power in the executive and drown out dissenting voices. It's dangerous and it's against the basic tenants upon which this county was founded on. It's bordering on fascism.

I doubt you'll call this post anything more than liberal whining because the democrats lost. But at some point policy differences take a back seat to intentional attacks on democratic norms and institutions and you just stand idly by Sailor. Quite frankly it's sad.

I don't recall saying that the left was anti-intellectual but I have been saying that there are problems with the ideology of the left and the behavior of many of its representatives. Now that you mention it though, I do find the left's increasing fear of ideas more than a little puzzling. Why should people who pride themselves as being intellectual be so afraid of ideas? Makes no sense.

The Donald is not the only one eroding institutions. It's a combined effort in Washington these days.

There is not much I can do but I am deeply concerned about what both sides are up to. Have been for a while. Unfortunately I think it will get worse before it gets better, probably considerably worse. I wont join the hysterics though, if that's what you want. I think that they are a part of the problem.

lol yeah right

it's going to be, OK, moonz.

82yJ2o.gif

You know it's bad when someone questions established news sources using unnamed sources (meaning people who have something to lose if people know they talked) but they believe questionable news sources using info from people we know aren't connected.

82yJ2o.gif

I don't recall saying that the left was anti-intellectual but I have been saying that there are problems with the ideology of the left and the behavior of many of its representatives. Now that you mention it though, I do find the left's increasing fear of ideas more than a little puzzling. Why should people who pride themselves as being intellectual be so afraid of ideas? Makes no sense.

The Donald is not the only one eroding institutions. It's a combined effort in Washington these days.

There is not much I can do but I am deeply concerned about what both sides are up to. Have been for a while. Unfortunately I think it will get worse before it gets better, probably considerably worse. I wont join the hysterics though, if that's what you want. I think that they are a part of the problem.

The "combined effort" line is just further false equivalency. Both parties are engaged in extremist partisan politics certainly but can you provide an example of the left "eroding institutions?" The far right, who is currently a major part of the executive branch, is intentionally damaging well established American norms. What is the equivalent example from the left to the "fake news" hysteria on the right, targeted solely at discrediting reputable newspapers reporting on the transgressions of the current administration? I'm legitimately interested in hearing an answer.

And for someone who is deeply concerned about what both sides are doing, you sure have a funny way of only raising one side's doings.

The "combined effort" line is just further false equivalency. Both parties are engaged in extremist partisan politics certainly but can you provide an example of the left "eroding institutions?" The far right, who is currently a major part of the executive branch, is intentionally damaging well established American norms. What is the equivalent example from the left to the "fake news" hysteria on the right, targeted solely at discrediting reputable newspapers reporting on the transgressions of the current administration? I'm legitimately interested in hearing an answer.

And for someone who is deeply concerned about what both sides are doing, you sure have a funny way of only raising one side's doings.
Sailor dismisses NYT and Wash Post off hand, posts conservative " tabloid trash" from Breitbart, the New York Post, conservapedia, etc and then claims to be balanced. I still want to know what the hell he is teaching anybody.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Its funny that marquee moon is clearly having fun trolling, palma seems to really want to be a cool kid so he is kinda trolling but a little serious just in case Trump does something right, but sailor is straight up serious as fuck.

Sailor is basically the right wing rjkarl. Says so much, yet hardly ever is right. "Left liberal" is his version of rj's "ilk."

Both are completely unaware just how little everyone else thinks of them, even those who share their political views.

Its funny that marquee moon is clearly having fun trolling, palma seems to really want to be a cool kid so he is kinda trolling but a little serious just in case Trump does something right, but sailor is straight up serious as fuck.

Says the guy who didn't go to Wake posting on a Wake Forest message board?

Yep, you know the right has won the propaganda war when even supposedly intelligent Pubs like jhmd and sailor play along.

Is it possible that the Left lost it, rather than the right win it? Pubs don't message well, you guys just message a lot worse. Helps explain your "against their interest" jag.

Is it possible that the Left lost it, rather than the right win it? Pubs don't message well, you guys just message a lot worse. Helps explain your "against their interest" jag.

When are you going to accept that Donald Trump (R) won the election?

When are you going to accept that Donald Trump (R) won the election?

Your candidate having the rug pulled out from underneath her may provide years of entertainment. It may take years for the depth of the insult to sink in.

Lol i forgot about forgettable jhmd and his greatest hits post rotation. At least sailor has balls

Back